NoDo on Telus!

Jellynutz

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Figured I would use my first post to post some good news! I'm in the middle of updating my Telus Branded LG Optimus 7! Next I have my wife's phone to update, so we will see if all Telus phones are being updated at once, or if they are updating them in waves. (She got her Optimus 7 a couple of weeks ago, I've had mine since Late December).

**Update**
Wife's phone is getting the update as well!

Last edited:

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I used the unplug WiFi trick to get mine to update. I am out east on Telus and find it laughable that three days after people got the update out west I still was not able to.

Microsoft has the ability to update many billions of PC with much more intensive code then what these phones need to pull down so this Delay to roll out is all because Phone companies don't want to be inundated with support calls so they delay the update to save themselves work.

I am sorry but my feeling when a company has software to improve the quality of service or products they sell it shouldn’t be so hard to obtain said patches/software.

Oh yes my phone is an Optimus 7 phone.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear Telus users are getting the update. I guess Bell is the slowest when it comes to updates. They have the same issue with Palm devices as well. Of course the WiFi trick doesn't work for me unless I debrand my phone. I guess I'm going to have to do that if I want the update now. This sucks.

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
As of this morning I'm still waiting around for it to show up on the Optimus, I've tried to force the push but I don't think it works with the Mac Connector.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs