Ignore with text

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I previously used the Treo 800w and Treo Pro both Widows Mobile 6.1 with an option natively within the phone to ignore the call with a text to let them know you are on the phone etc. I have been looking for this option and can not find anywhere. Anyone know if WP7 has this option without having to purchase an app? And if not, and I need an app, which one should i get. I am on the phone for quite a few hours everyday and the lack of this option is not good for me at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I previously used the Treo 800w and Treo Pro both Widows Mobile 6.1 with an option natively within the phone to ignore the call with a text to let them know you are on the phone etc. I have been looking for this option and can not find anywhere. Anyone know if WP7 has this option without having to purchase an app? And if not, and I need an app, which one should i get. I am on the phone for quite a few hours everyday and the lack of this option is not good for me at the moment. Thanks in advance.

No native support for that, I'm not sure of an app for it either I really don't need a feature like that so that's why I wouldn't know of an app but I know for certain that it is not natively supported... But hey, what are we at; 12,000? if you start searching the Marketplace now you might even finish by tomorrow night lol jk.

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I looked around and found nothing. Its too bad since now while I am talking I have to frantically look for the person and go through the motions to send a text while I conducting meetings, etc.. So much easier to ignore with a pre selected text. I hope this inconvenience is temporary.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I looked around and found nothing. Its too bad since now while I am talking I have to frantically look for the person and go through the motions to send a text while I conducting meetings, etc.. So much easier to ignore with a pre selected text. I hope this inconvenience is temporary.

Of course it's temporary! I wouldn't doubt that someone has already thought of this... At the current rate of growth its only a short matter of time before an app like this hits the marketplace.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's a feature that Microsoft needs to build directly into the phone app for best results. An external app wouldn't be much of an improvement over what the OP is already doing - navigating out of the phone app, launching the messaging app, sending a text, and then returning to the phone app. Even if you use pre-saved text templates it amounts to at least 5 extra taps and seconds wasted. WP7 already lets you send an "I'm running late" message from within the calendar app. This should work as seamlessly as that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes