Marketplace is in the wrong language

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
According to MS the problem was that my Marketplace wasn't quite ready yet for the update, although what they did not understand is that I was trying to explain there is nothing wrong with having the marketplace in Italian, as it is one of the 4 languages spoken in Switzerland, just that my language is German.

this is what I got from them:

"Hello Aldo, I can understand the frustration in waiting for an update, however "forcing" an update is not something we can support as it can cause innumerous errors.
What I would suggest is seeing if you can rollback to your previous update using a backup in the Zune software or trying a hard reset on the phone.
If you have any questions, please reply to this email and we can continue to help.
Regards,
Tom R.
Microsoft Support"

I have already tipped WPcentral to cover this, but no love so far from them.

maybe you can contact support as well and let me know what they suggested?

Squadromeo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
@Kibosh

OK, I'm in a more or less similar situation as you are. I am Dutch, have a Dutch sim card in my Dutch 920 but live in Portugal. Due to the fact that I bought my first Windows Phone when The Netherlands were not yet on the official list, I have an UK Microsoft account.
Just as a side note; I have my Dutch credit card registered on this UK account and it works flawlessly. Just fill in a valid UK address when you register the card and all is well.

Due to your remarks concerning the WP store I have been playing around a bit with the Location & Language settings of my phone. Eventually I was able to see your reviews! That is, I saw reviews written by ThaKibosh, which I assume is your good self. To make this happen I had to set the Location & Language settings as: Phone Language-Dutch, Country/Region-Belgium, Regional settings-Belgium(Dutch), Browser language-Dutch(Belgium). Obviously this whole list was in Dutch but since this is an English forum I translated it to English. With these settings the Store is also in Dutch. When I leave Country/Region set to UK ('cause I have a UK MS account), the store navigation is also in Dutch but the reviews and Apps are in English.

You also mentioned that Need for Speed installs in French, so I gave that a try as well and downloaded Need for Speed hot Pursuit. The game installs nicely and is all in English.

I would say, give these settings a try. If they don't work as described above you could try to get yourself a UK account, just to see if it works as it does on my phone.

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
@calvinAttax so I don't know exactly what happened, as I didn't get any new update, or downgrade to 7.5 again, but appears that my marketplace is in the right language again.

daffie82

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
After some searching I found the following : Microsoft ID en de Store : switchen van Marketplace > WP7.nl (It is in Dutch)

Basicly it sends you to this URL http://support.xbox.com where you can login with an XBox live account. There I selected XBox Live - Account and Marketplace and started chatting with a Microsoft Support guy (who redirected me to the right person) He reseted some of my account settings. After inserting them again (Name, Adress, ... but also Language) my Marketplace became Dutch, home sweet home :)

Took your advice and had a chat with a very friendly person from MS (Sheena D.) who solved the problem.
You can even do it yourself !
Go to : https://live.xbox.com/en-us/Account/BillingAccountInformation
Complete all the info there AND choose your language !!
Reboot your phone - wait a minute and the language of Marketplace should be changed.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems that MS are ahead of Apple here. Getting the App Store in any language other than the local one for the country you live in is tremendously hard. It is possible, but you have to a) have a credit card from the country whose language you wish to use; and b) do some creative things with the card address.
On Android, it all works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon