Turning off Cellular Service, Using Only Wi-Fi?

kwool

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey all!

I'm getting my HTC Arrive in a somewhat weird situation. Because my contract ended during my time studying abroad in Spain, a new phone was bought and activated in the United States. It's being delivered to me in person by a family member, so I can use it when I land back in the United States.

I know this is a CDMA phone and will not function for calls in Spain. However, is there a way that I'd be able to turn off the cell service and use only wi-fi, just to play iwth it a little bit?

I'm really excited to get the phone, though disappointed not to be able to use it in its full capacity until I return home in a month. Any ideas on this?

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I use an LG Quantum strictly on WiFi. This is because my carrier is in a transition stage. I'll have it activated sometime in the beginning of May. I can do everything except SMS and make voice calls. I find it very useful and a fun toy so far.

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just put the phone into airplane mode and then turn the WiFi on. That will save your battery and it'll work great on the WiFI. You can also try loading apps using Zune although you may run into some regional restrictions (I'm not sure if that is the case or not).

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea there's an option to turn the data connection off. You'll be able to still connect to WiFi and make calls (I believe).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion