Sync numbers added to sim att>sprint

patricksmangan

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Googled really quickly, but my family is moving from the focus to the arrive. We'll be porting their att numbers over today. Do numbers added to the focus sync to the arrive with an account? Windows live account? My sisters added numbers arnt transfering over, but i just had her set up a win live account on the arrive, and later she'll get a chance to sign into it on her att phone. Will ther missing numbers sync up? Does the windows live account sync up anything else special, like apps and app data?

Thanks

patricksmangan

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, yes, it looks like contacts and calendar events u add directly to the phone only sync back to your live account, and to transfer them to a new wp7 u sign into that live account there.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That's correct. And any apps you purchased through that same Windows Live account will be accessible on the new phone. But if you have any photos on the Focus you should sync using Zune to the desktop and the rename the folder My Pictures/Zune, as when you sync the new phone it may overwrite the folder. It did when I hard reset and resynced. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre