NoDo restore point question

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I have been wanting to add a memory card to my Focus, but didn't want to lose things like my Shift 2 game progress. ;)

So I'm wondering if this approach sounds like it would work:

1. Install pre-NoDo and NoDo updates to get a restore point
2. Add memory card, which means a hard reset of course
3. Restore from Zune to get back to my pre-update status
4. Install pre-NoDo and NoDo again

Thoughts?

raremage

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been wanting to add a memory card to my Focus, but didn't want to lose things like my Shift 2 game progress. ;)

So I'm wondering if this approach sounds like it would work:

1. Install pre-NoDo and NoDo updates to get a restore point
2. Add memory card, which means a hard reset of course
3. Restore from Zune to get back to my pre-update status
4. Install pre-NoDo and NoDo again

Thoughts?

As I understand it, the NoDo backup will only restore to the same size storage device because it is an image backup, not a "file" backup. With WP7, when you add a card, you have to do a reset to the phone and it reallocates ALL available space into a single logical partition (for example, you have a Focus with 8GB and decide to add an 8GB SD Card. You reset and now see a single 16GB plus/minus sized partition)

What this means is your approach probably will not work, sorry.

Edit: Oh, one more thing - the OS version is stored in ROM, so once you update, even with a hard reset, you don't need to reinstall NoDo. Once you upgrade, you will be all set with no need to re-update to NoDo.

Last edited:

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
IT DOES NOT WORK!

I wanted to know this for months, nobody knew. I waited to install my SD card till after nodo, I tried a restore....IT FAILED!

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO POP OPEN MY RESTORE POINT SO I CAN SAVE MY PICTURES!??!?!?!

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
IT DOES NOT WORK!

I wanted to know this for months, nobody knew. I waited to install my SD card till after nodo, I tried a restore....IT FAILED!

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO POP OPEN MY RESTORE POINT SO I CAN SAVE MY PICTURES!??!?!?!

Save your pictures? If you reset your device, when you sync to Zune again, it should restore your pictures. You don't need to deal with the restore point.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Save your pictures? If you reset your device, when you sync to Zune again, it should restore your pictures. You don't need to deal with the restore point.

My pcitures are only in the restore point as I set up Zune to not automaticly sync pictures (a mistake), so now I need to break into my restore point to grab my pictures out.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Remove the card, so you have the same storage as when you made the backup. Hard reset, load restore point on phone, sync pictures to Zune. It's a pain, but it should work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99