something peculiar is going on with my Facebook...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have something interesting going on... In the people hub... I use it strictly for Facebook as I don't really have friends that use MSN anymore... Anyways in the "What's New" screen, it obviously shows the contact name andtheir update with the source of the update right below their name so its like... (Example A):

Solid Snake
Facebook 30 minutes ago
"another metal gear?! When the **** can I retire?!"

And of course to the right of that, it shows the little box with the number of comments or a plus sign if someone has yet to comment... My question is I have a friend who's update source reads (from Facebook) firstname lastname on Facebook xx minutes ago... So using the example above would look like this... (Example B):

Solid Snake
Solid Snake on Facebook 30 minutes ago
"another metal gear?! When the **** can I retire?!"

So anyways, everyone on my contact lists updates look like "Example A", except for one person... As far as I know she isn't doing anything special I asked her what she's using and she said she uses the Android Facebook app just like many of my other friends and their updates read normally (example a). Anyone one know what this is?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Does she have a custom rom? Maybe she's using one of the manufacturers apps for FB like MotoBlur with Motorola devices or Sense with HTC devices?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does she have a custom rom? Maybe she's using one of the manufacturers apps for FB like MotoBlur with Motorola devices or Sense with HTC devices?

Well... Hot and smart is one difficult package to find nowadays lol if I tried to tell her what a custom ROM was she would probably have an easier time understanding German lol and no it shows up on Facebook.com what the method of update was when using an HTC sense device it'll say it, same with motoblur, and and every other iteration of Android. But when its the Google Facebook app it just says "via Android" which is what hers says. I've played around with her phone too and its just a stock MT4G. (With the sense/slide UI).

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So this happens when your phone name differs from their Facebook name. I see it when I've got a friend Chris in my phone, but he's Christopher on Facebook. Make her contact name consistent and it'll go away.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So this happens when your phone name differs from their Facebook name. I see it when I've got a friend Chris in my phone, but he's Christopher on Facebook. Make her contact name consistent and it'll go away.

Ha! I laughed my FAO when I realized that's what the issue was! I hadn't realized that I put both her first and last names in the first name field... When I read your post I went to her contact card deleted her name and retyped the whole thing in the same field lmao... I check the people hub and was like... Cdook's full of sh!t! Lol :p so I went to another contact card and at that point slapped my palm to face so hard that... Lets not stray, so I went back and put first name in the first name box and last name in the last name box... Lo n behold it's all good!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow... GaMMa, you're the man! I would have never guessed; I use FB, sparingly.

@Luis - Glad you found out why. I'm sure it was bugging the crap out of you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss