I think Microsoft needs to push Rare* to make exclusives for WP7.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
For me at least Rare haven't being doing anything interesting for Microsoft with the exception of Avatars and Kinect. Now I was thinking, why not take those Kinect games and make something for Windows Phone? Like Windows Sports or Windows Adventures.

Core games for WP7 can also prove to be successful, A Banjo Game for example, Perfect Dark is another one. Gameloft prove all of this is possible on a smartphone so why not have some great Microsoft Exclusives?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Man Microsoft needs to make Rare do SOMETHING. While designing the avatars is probably the most successful thing Rare has done for MS, I'd still love to see Rare release at least a few classic games, whether it's on the 360 or WP7. Unfortunately I can't help but to feel that like Sega most of the talent has either gotten old or left Rare a long time ago.

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Rare hasn't made anything compelling to me in a long time, and I would like to think that Microsoft has bigger developer talent pool to draw from.
Sure if they made something like Jet Force Gemini for WP I'd be all over it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I only like their Avatar work, But it will be nice to have a complete studio committed to the platform. I want games man, good ones.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just because MS bought the studio doesn't mean that all of the people came with it. I would be interested in knowing how many of the same emloyees from Rare's "Golden days" of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are still around. Just like We probably wont see a Modern Warefare game as good as MW2 since alot of infinity wards people left. Sad really, great games take down by large corporations.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just because MS bought the studio doesn't mean that all of the people came with it. I would be interested in knowing how many of the same emloyees from Rare's "Golden days" of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are still around. Just like We probably wont see a Modern Warefare game as good as MW2 since alot of infinity wards people left. Sad really, great games take down by large corporations.

MS did not cripple rare. they have many great games whether developed by themselves or by another company under their ownership or supervision so lo que dijiste no tiene ning?n sentido.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
MS did not cripple rare. they have many great games whether developed by themselves or by another company under their ownership or supervision so lo que dijiste no tiene ning?n sentido.

Care to name a few of those great games? I sure have not seen any in a long time come from the doors of Rare.

thomasward00

May 4, 2011
Visit site
With all of the recent FPS and MMO's coming to the Iphone and Android, Microsoft had better get someone to start making good games quick, that is a huge portion of the smartphone industry and as of now Xbox live on WM7 isn't really impressing.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, they just have Iphone ports at a higher price =/.

Honestly iOS is the only one that has good games. Android has alot of crappy ones and only a few good ones, and WP7 has just started so you can't expect too much to be there yet. I think most developers are waiting for the platform to grow a bit, or are still working on their games since the platform is still quite young. Either way I think that gaming will get way better in the next 6 months to a year.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. What happened to those Six games we where supposed to get? Angry Birds, Sonic 4, Plants vs Zombies, Hydro Thunder and some that escape my memory. They where supposed to come out this month right?

Microsoft better have some cool things at E3.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope so. What happened to those Six games we where supposed to get? Angry Birds, Sonic 4, Plants vs Zombies, Hydro Thunder and some that escape my memory. They where supposed to come out this month right?

Microsoft better have some cool things at E3.

I forgot about E3 coming up soon. That would be a good place to announce alot of new games for WP7 wouldn't it?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree, Android has a lot of crappy games. The only savior is the NES ROM, Wordfeud, and words with friends.
Honestly iOS is the only one that has good games. Android has alot of crappy ones and only a few good ones, and WP7 has just started so you can't expect too much to be there yet. I think most developers are waiting for the platform to grow a bit, or are still working on their games since the platform is still quite young. Either way I think that gaming will get way better in the next 6 months to a year.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Rare hasn't made anything compelling to me in a long time, and I would like to think that Microsoft has bigger developer talent pool to draw from.
Sure if they made something like Jet Force Gemini for WP I'd be all over it.

To this day I think they should do a Jet Force Gemini Online.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I do think Rare isn't what it was back in the N64 days. Maybe they don't have Nintendo's guidence or the same key people (I know the two founding brothers left a while ago), but they've changed.

If Rare could produce another Mario Kart style game similar to Diddy Kong Racing then that'd be awesome. I'd love to see a new Banjo or even Banjo 1 and 2 again.

With SEGA a new PSO for WP7 is at the top of my wish list.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Care to name a few of those great games? I sure have not seen any in a long time come from the doors of Rare.

there have been a couple from rare like perfect dark zero and kameo. and MS has many great games like Halo,Fable, gears of war just to name a few. MS knows gaming and I have no doubt that they will beat the living sh?t out of gamecenter.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
there have been a couple from rare like perfect dark zero and kameo. and MS has many great games like Halo,Fable, gears of war just to name a few. MS knows gaming and I have no doubt that they will beat the living sh?t out of gamecenter.
I'm about 124.940% positive that Rare didn't make Halo, Fable or Gears... Wasn't this discussion about Rare?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I understand that Microsoft has made many great games over the years, especially since the launch of Xbox 360. Your comments were that Rare has had many great games, quite frankly both Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo sucked pretty bad. Rare hasn't done anything worth playing in a long time.

Also out of the three games that you mentioned only one company is actually owned by Microsoft. Bungie, who develops the Halo games, is owned by Microsoft. The other two are only published by Microsoft.

Gears of war is owned and developed by Epic Games

Fable is owned and developed by Lionhead Studios

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss