question about syncing video

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since the resolution on WP7 is 480x800 (or vice versa for videos), assuming you have the video source i.e. a DVD what would be the perfect format, bitrate and resolution to convert to (if being ripped from a DVD) to sync it straight to my WP7 without having to convert through Zune as well all the while keeping the movie looking "perfect" (not HD, but no pixilation whatsoever)

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The highest resolution of a normal DVD (video) for NTSC is 720x480 @ 29.97 FPS. If you are from a PAL country, it is 720x576 at 25 FPS. MPEG 2.

If you are coming from a NTSC country, you do not have to reduce the size any if you do not want to.

Typical studio production quality videos will have an overall bit-rate between 4-5 mbits/s (except maybe for some fast action scenes).

Because phone screens are much smaller, I suspect you would not see any significant artifact at 2 mbits/s. Maybe even less. It really depends on the video, and the quality of your software.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The highest resolution of a normal DVD (video) for NTSC is 720x480 @ 29.97 FPS. If you are from a PAL country, it is 720x576 at 25 FPS. MPEG 2.

If you are coming from a NTSC country, you do not have to reduce the size any if you do not want to.

Typical studio production quality videos will have an overall bit-rate between 4-5 mbits/s (except maybe for some fast action scenes).

Because phone screens are much smaller, I suspect you would not see any significant artifact at 2 mbits/s. Maybe even less. It really depends on the video, and the quality of your software.
I just decided that I'm gonna buy the videos and movies and stuff from Zune (mainly movies) so with movies, are they accessible through the Xbox 360 as well? (I sold mine a while back and havent bought another one yet) what are the limitations of movies purchased from the Zune marketplace?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa