Do you think HTC should make exclusive Windows Phones?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What I mean is devices, I remember HTC having a couple of interesting Winmobile phones. The Touch Pro, The HD2, The Diamond, The Touch and one of my favorites HTC Pure.

Those devices had an unique design and quality to it that I wouldn't mind having it again. Should they bring the Diamond and Pure 7 or do you rather have something new?

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
don't see this happening. For some reason HTC has become a company that seems to make a lot of the same looking devices. slight differences but basically similar design. Kind of getting a little boring if you ask me. Wish they would be a little different tho.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They should do something different. I'm tired of seeing the HD2 over and over again.
What I mean is devices, I remember HTC having a couple of interesting Winmobile phones. The Touch Pro, The HD2, The Diamond, The Touch and one of my favorites HTC Pure.

Those devices had an unique design and quality to it that I wouldn't mind having it again. Should they bring the Diamond and Pure 7 or do you rather have something new?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They should do something different. I'm tired of seeing the HD2 over and over again.

Your Avatar looks exactly like mine, it bothers me T_T.

I like the HD2 devices but I think the HD2 itself was the best looking. The Evo is too big and the others are uninspired.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, You saying I look like a hedgehod? :p
Your Avatar looks exactly like mine, it bothers me T_T.

I like the HD2 devices but I think the HD2 itself was the best looking. The Evo is too big and the others are uninspired.
I wonder how hard it is to get a HTC HD2 to run WP7.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC has stopped innovating like they use to. Gone are their days of daring new designs/form-factors.

All my hope lies on Nokia for that at this point.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
HTC has stopped innovating like they use to. Gone are their days of daring new designs/form-factors.

All my hope lies on Nokia for that at this point.
I agree, Android has got their head all ****ed up, now they like to "innovate" with software rather than hardware. Even at that, now that they open sourced the Sense UI, seems like they themselves are either running out of ideas or are becoming lazy. I'm really hoping that Nokia will sprout a new wave of innovation with hardware specs being pretty much above all other OEMs at this point. That new 12 mp HTC phone does give a ray of hope that they will start hardware innovation again, assuming that it is a good camera, not just another number printed atop a little ring on the back of the phone. Nokia WILL bring awesome optics so I assume HTC would have to follow suit if they're really gonna bust out the big guns (cameras) to compete.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia should make a Music phone. And I mean a good Music phone not garbage like the Motorola Rock3r and the Surround. ( Sorry Surround users ).

It should be thin so it fits nicely on your pocket with great speakers ( Like the BB Curve, that phone can get loud ) and battery life and it should come with an unlimited Zune pass. ( Or at least 2 years )

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Nokia should make a Music phone. And I mean a good Music phone not garbage like the Motorola Rock3r and the Surround. ( Sorry Surround users ).

It should be thin so it fits nicely on your pocket with great speakers ( Like the BB Curve, that phone can get loud ) and battery life and it should come with an unlimited Zune pass. ( Or at least 2 years )

Along those lines Nokia should make a multitude of media devices. They had a nice idea with MeeGo but lacked some solid software to back it up. Unfortunately a Nokia style Windows 8 tablet is still a ways off, but this would be a great time for Nokia to perhaps make some Zune mp3 players. (assuming of course MS manages to take the Zune Pass worldwide)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah! if well done Gimmick phones can be great, like a great camera phone. Make it 12 pixels but give it great camera with a shutter.

undead swagger

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see how we can have unique designs anymore, not even by nokia. With the way HTC, Samsung, and Motorola **** out phones every few weeks, it will be to hard to do something different enough to be consider unique and not a copy of something else

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see how we can have unique designs anymore, not even by nokia. With the way HTC, Samsung, and Motorola **** out phones every few weeks, it will be to hard to do something different enough to be consider unique and not a copy of something else

I think this is the mentality of the manufacturers . . . but yet Nokia and Apple keep putting out fresh designs from time to time.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
When was apples last fresh design? I see updates to the iPhone... And that's it... Ipad is a giant iPhone.. IPod touch is an iPhone minus the phone guts... Not a whole lot of innovation there.

I'm on an HTC arrive, which is a unique form factor for a windows phone atleast. And it looks sharp to boot.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
really? see looks really are all personal taste. I think iPhones are boring. BB torch Is a good looking phone and an awesome form factor. Arrive is sharp looking as well...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Torch is ok but I don't know why does it have a mouse and a touchscreen. I wouldn't mind that design with a WP7 3 button layout.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Ever try and select a cell in an excel spread **** with your finger?? Some things work better with the track pad, some work better with touch. Win win in my book. Just really hate at&t ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05