Is there any way to get a video off your phone besides syncing to Zune?

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re- Big D5

Isn't the formatting funky or something? I thought a normal PC couldn't read the formatting - Which is why people thought WP7 was killing their aftermarket cards until they found out Nokia phones could read the filesystem and reformat them.

If that is not the case, then you could, as the files are stored in just a regular .mp4 wrapper. Not sure which folder it stores in, but it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

If his goal is to avoid using the USB, then no. But if he just hates using the Zune software - which can be a bugger to get working just right for this sort of thing, then the above method would be perfect.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Right on, thx.
No prob
It is coming in Mango.
Correct but iirc you would have to upload the video to SkyDrive, then from your PC access SkyDrive to download them from there.
Yes

? If you have a device where the card is accessible can you take the SD card out of the device and insert it in to the card slot on a PC and access the Videos that way ?
Unfortunately, no, its got encrypted formatting.
This is what works (I'm assuming) for the dev unlocked devices.
Re- Big D5

Isn't the formatting funky or something? I thought a normal PC couldn't read the formatting - Which is why people thought WP7 was killing their aftermarket cards until they found out Nokia phones could read the filesystem and reformat them.

If that is not the case, then you could, as the files are stored in just a regular .mp4 wrapper. Not sure which folder it stores in, but it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

If his goal is to avoid using the USB, then no. But if he just hates using the Zune software - which can be a bugger to get working just right for this sort of thing, then the above method would be perfect.
Any form of formatting would require re-formatting once re-inserted into the windows phone. So not sure how effective that would be in terms of having to do the whole re-formatting deal...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the Zune software, but I only have two USB ports, currently occupied by my keyboard and mouse. My son gave me a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to use, so I could free up USB ports, but I have to figure it out yet.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the linked app (below, or above), regardless of dev unlocked device, the bigger issue is accessing the video on your phone. Zune uses a naming structure that makes it difficult to find anything, even if you do have access to the file system. I have searched My Docments/Zune and there are dozens of subfolders and within those are files labeled; a68h, 9g3k, 62h8, etc. Good luck finding a specific file.

And did I not see that you will have the ability to MMS/email video files with Mango. Or are you only sending a SkyDrive link with the message.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Verizon Hopeful

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the Zune software, but I only have two USB ports, currently occupied by my keyboard and mouse. My son gave me a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to use, so I could free up USB ports, but I have to figure it out yet.

I agree with dtboos. You just need to get a USB hub. That will give you as many USB ports as you need.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

upgrade your PC! lol.

my PC from 5 years ago had about 8 (2 front, 6 rear).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs