Do you take full advantage of your smartphone?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have 5 right now and will have my 6th (nexus s - work phone) by thursday and I'm always thinking about how much I use the features the device has or the apps that I download and may never open or rarely open. Heck, I barely get to use all my devices.

How much do you do with your smartphone?

Do you take advantage of most of the features that are offered?

What are the features, aside from phone, sms and email do you use?

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I use the browser alot.. I got the app poynt and use that alot when out and about. It really has replaced a computer for me ( used to look all that up the old fashioned way )

soon I'm going to get Zune pass to start using it more as a music player.

I'm sure once I am single again and am on my own I will use the office ( excel ) a lot more to keep track of my bills.

As it sits now though its more of an entertainment/time killer for me.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I check the weather some times but it's mostly for fun since the Weather I can just go outside to see it.

Office saved my life on my finals, lots of facebook and email reading. The occacional web browsing when my network isn't' crapping up. ( I always get the E and H >=( )

Some games, flashlight app etc...

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
A Lot

Daily Usage
Wonder Reader
Weather
Games
OneNote

Non-regular but weekly usage
A+Stopwatch
Lastpass
Twitter

So I use mine a lot. I don't do a lot of music and video and not much social networking.

Last edited:

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I check the weather every day to see if I'm clear to ride my motorcycle.
If I'm in my car, I'm listening to Zune. Always.
Light facebook use.
Play games frequently.
Occasionally use YouTube, Fandango, Web (fuelly, meetup, espn, etc.)

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm coming at this from a different view point. I just got the Trophy WP7 phone. Guess what; it works; it just works. I came from WM6.5 and Android and was spending as much time tinkering with the OS as I was using the phone's capabilities. With the Trophy, I just use it and it works. Did I say that it just works.

I use email, FB, Marketplace and some other rather mundane apps and they just work.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone A LOT. I'm dashing to the AC outlet by 6 pm, but this is expected. Zune music 3 hours, IE browsing, twitter, facebook, board express, XBOX Live. I'm constantly tinkering with my phone throughout the day. But SMS/Email is a big part of my usage too.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Plenty!

First of all, when it comes down to it, and I have an ultra busy day, the phone just pulls through, and does everything a good quality voice, text, and email device should do.

Besides that though, I am always doing something with my Quantum.

Here are some things used every day, some close to hourly:
Weather
Email
Text
Twitter
Phone
Bing
WPCentral (App and web)
Board Express
The Onion
Four Square
Zune (Player and Marketplace)
Various Newsfeeds
Linked In
Shazam
Unit converter
Calculator
OneNote
Camera

*Weekly:
Audio Poscasts
Urban Dictionary
Games
ESPN
Maps
IMDb

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
A bunch. So much so that often I don't need to turn my PC on some days, even though I am sitting next to it.
-Facebook, through Peoples hub
-Twitter
-BoardExpress to read, comment here
-Weave, for general and WP news
-IMG News Reader, for primary news
-Weather
-Sports Scores, usually watching one game while getting live tile updates for others
-YouTube, MSN and Break.com videos
-My Bookie, to place my virtual bets
-Games
-Clever ToDo and SmartTile for tasks and reminders
-IE and Terra Explorer for searches and browsing
-Marketplace for today's new apps
-Texting and email
-Lots of one off things that I only do/use occasionally but glad they are there
-Oh yeah, and an occasional phone call

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
aside from the weather and stocks and the obvious ( emails , task , calenders, browser.. )

i mostly ONLY play games or watch NetFlix. good for my DEAD time at work , like right now lol

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I totally take advantage of my smartphone.

I check the weather (The weather channel), sports (Espn), BoardExpress, Game news (IGN), WPcentral app and read the comics (Comic Strips and Comic all in one). I do all this on my way to work, while listening to podcasts i've uploaded from Zune. ;-)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised I only saw one say the 'camera' for taking pictures. I barely use it, but almost everyone I know uses the camera. One of my best buds uses it daily and is always sending me pics through email.

He takes more advantage of his smartphones than I do as a tech junkie.

king5697#CB

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I use my both of my phones for their strengths. I use my WP7 phone (HTC Arrive) for its odvious strengths; Outlook and Office, and Zune (a must have). I use my Android phone (Epic4g) mostly for my podcast, and for its app selection in certain catagories. WP7 has some catching up to do in that department.

SolarPlexus

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming at this from a different view point. I just got the Trophy WP7 phone. Guess what; it works; it just works. I came from WM6.5 and Android and was spending as much time tinkering with the OS as I was using the phone's capabilities. With the Trophy, I just use it and it works. Did I say that it just works.

I use email, FB, Marketplace and some other rather mundane apps and they just work.

Actually I am right there with you.
In a weird way I feel like WP7 is the natural successor to the Blackberry. I am able to get in, do what I need to do, and get out. No tweaking, no fidgeting, no pretty icons and swipey swipey for days.
It just gets the job done. I have an iPod touch if I want to play with pretty icons.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I find that on OSes like Symbian 60, Windows Mobile, and Android that a lot of my "usage" is/was hacks and tweaks in addition to the normal web, music, email, texting, Twitter, Facebook, and task/calendar usage. The type of enhancements I want in WP7 are the improved integration; stuff you generally won't get with hacks. As it is, I think I get more actual productive usage out of my device with Windows Phone 7, than those others and much less time toying with the latest apps and messing with the OS. Of course, part of that has to do with the small but growing library off apps available.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone too much actually lol... The top things are (apart from the usual calls texts and emails of course) are Twitter, Facebook, IE, Zune. Heavy enough to have the battery dying between 4-6 hours lol. Oh, as for pics, I'm psychotic about taking them, I just wish HTC wouldn't use horse **** for camera optics. I dont know exactly what my reaction will be like when the Carl Zeiss equipped Nokias come out.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the Camera a lot, but I wouldn't consider it a "Smartphone" thing.

you should... you ever try a feature phone's camera? not only is the camera better, but the options you have after taking the pic. Being able to edit the photo using a photo editor and sharing through all sorts of social networks isn't a common (if at all a) feature of feature phones.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone too much actually lol... The top things are (apart from the usual calls texts and emails of course) are Twitter, Facebook, IE, Zune. Heavy enough to have the battery dying between 4-6 hours lol. Oh, as for pics, I'm psychotic about taking them, I just wish HTC wouldn't use horse **** for camera optics. I dont know exactly what my reaction will be like when the Carl Zeiss equipped Nokias come out.

shhhhhhhhh! lol. because my reaction may happen just thinking about it. haaa.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My main use is Zune & Calendar...everyday at work.

Bing comes handy when I'm on the move.

Than there is other time I use it to kill time...like when go shopping with my wife or when I'm on the bowl. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb