There should be an app that lets me put other apps in folders

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It would work much in the same way the Xbox Live hub stores all your games. The difference being there could be multiple customized hubs. Say, for example, I have 5 apps that I routinely use when traveling. I would like to be able to take all 5 apps and place them inside one folder that could be pinned to the main screen. Then, whenever I click that tile, it goes straight to those 5 apps. I think it would be a neat way to keep apps organized.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
that would be a neat idea.

doesn't seem like we'll ever get custom folders tho or may take a while.

Sent from my Windows Phone via Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Customizable app hubs would be sweet. I have asked developers and the API is currently not available (they can only see/touch their own app). Don't think anyone mentioned that it is part of the 1500 new APIs, but hoping it got hidden in there somewhere.

I have 46 tiles right now, but could get than down in half, if I had a place to drop favorite apps I don't use every day. My list of 150+ apps is too much to scroll through and even with the Mango changes, it is still multiple taps plus I have to remember the exact name (or at least the first letter) of every app. EBay is easy, but many of the others, not so much.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
Yep. Customizable app hubs would be sweet. I have asked developers and the API is currently not available (they can only see/touch their own app). Don't think anyone mentioned that it is part of the 1500 new APIs, but hoping it got hidden in there somewhere.

I have 46 tiles right now, but could get than down in half, if I had a place to drop favorite apps I don't use every day. My list of 150+ apps is too much to scroll through and even with the Mango changes, it is still multiple taps plus I have to remember the exact name (or at least the first letter) of every app. EBay is easy, but many of the others, not so much.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

You can launch a very small number of "choosers" and that's pretty much it. For instance you can launch the camera app and have it hand back the photo it snaps. You can also launch a phone number or email chooser. They give you back ONLY the phone number or email. You don't even get the person's name with it.

The mango update comes with some more options, but I'm pretty sure they won't let us launch apps directly.

I totally agree that we need some form of organization for livetiles. I like the WebOS 2 approach to letting you create additional pages you can swipe through. There are similar things on Android and iPhone.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
The Mango update it is going to address just about anything I might have felt was missing. This inability to organize my applications is a very odd omission considering others have commented on it already. I wonder if Microsoft just never realized how many non-game applications people might have.I think another page off to the right would help. Something like the pivot screens that are already key features to many apps would work well with this.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
They could do the extra page much like BB os6 does.. Make it a favorites and have it populated by apps you use most. As long as they give us an option to pin to favorites or remove from favorites it would work smoothly.
would also be fun to really see what apps are getting used most.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone took away folders and decided to have grids. Everyone else followed, including MS. I never understood this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa