After the first night with Mango..

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't think of a single feature that's missing besides video chat. I haven't ran into any bugs whatsoever.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't think of a single feature that's missing besides video chat. I haven't ran into any bugs whatsoever.

thats great to know!!! i cant wait for mango, it seems there are so many features they should have just worked in already but i do understand it was a completely new OS and considering that, i has been pretty impressive. i was just about ready to abandon android to take up an iphone, ( and i am anti apple for many reasons) but then microsoft released wp7. what a fresh breath of air...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

So jealous, so so jealous.

Please man tell us about the wonders of Mango =D. Are boot times faster? Like when you star the phone.

Have you notice a drop in battery life?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
With this beta. Boot times are actually slower. Battery life seems the same. The OS is much faster faster now, and the little changes are just as amazing as the major ones.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey 1jaxstate1 one of my favorite things about this OS are the fluid animations found all over the UI, one thing I saw in a lot of the press review vids were the removal of a couple of them, namely the one where you're in an app and press the start button to go to the start screen, the start screen's tiles "swing" towards the screen like a door so to speak, (you know which one I'm talking about) but in the videos when they would press the start button, the start screen would just appear without an animation just BAM! It's there, you know? making it faster but i liked the animation lol. Is that animation present in this build?

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The only things performance wise that seems worse is boot time, but I only have boot once, and it was after installing update, so I suspect that is really a non issue.

Oh wow, a reminder just came on screen and had the normal option to snooze, but also for how long!

But as I was saying, the only performance issue I have seen is that sometimes the tiles lag in the transitions between home and Bing.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I really like the new Zune layout. It's nifty having artists art showing in the lock screen, then it'll fade back to your regular background if you stop the music.

As for the little things:
The people hub that shows your contacts pics, now will do a 2x2 pic, after doing a 1x1 pic rotation.
The Me hub is good too for facebook notifications
There's a 3G toggle now!
Lock Screen now give the option of how long to wait before it locks
There's much more...
What's your favorite new feature for now? Would you go back to Nodo ?
Heck no, I wouldn't go back to NoDo. LOL

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, animations are all over. One quick example, In the music hub, when you're playing a song, and you skip to the next song, the name of the artists, album, and song title don't just switch to the next song, they do this type of flip, to the new song info. Impressive!
Hey 1jaxstate1 one of my favorite things about this OS are the fluid animations found all over the UI, one thing I saw in a lot of the press review vids were the removal of a couple of them, namely the one where you're in an app and press the start button to go to the start screen, the start screen's tiles "swing" towards the screen like a door so to speak, (you know which one I'm talking about) but in the videos when they would press the start button, the start screen would just appear without an animation just BAM! It's there, you know? making it faster but i liked the animation lol. Is that animation present in this build?
Sadly I've yet to get facebook chat to work, and don't have Windows live contacts. I really want to see how this integrated messaging system works.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Damn it! 1Jaxstate1 I told myself I'll wait for the official rollout but your making it hard lol I know the method for non devs is already over at XDA...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well here's something that you and I both were waiting for a fix for. Youtube still doesn't play sound through bt headphones. But yeah, the minor details are awesome.
Damn it! 1Jaxstate1 I told myself I'll wait for the official rollout but your making it hard lol I know the method for non devs is already over at XDA...

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well here's something that you and I both were waiting for a fix for. Youtube still doesn't play sound through bt headphones. But yeah, the minor details are awesome.

That could be one of those issues that requires fixing via firmware through the phone manufacture as well.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
That could be one of those issues that requires fixing via firmware through the phone manufacture as well.

Yep. Same with the HTC Arrive 160 character text limit. Thought it would go away with Mango, but it looks like it is a firmware thing. :-(

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I've also been running Mango since yesterday, and boy it's been great. I'm surprised how not buggy it is. There are a few bugs, but after a reboot most seem to be gone. The only thing missing seems to be the Twitter integration, but MS already said that will be in the final release. I don't use twitter, so I don't care. It really feels like I have a new phone again.

IE9 is an excellent mobile browser, it's awesome. Pages render quickly, and I really feel like I'm getting the full desktop experience.

The messages hub and threads is too cool. Being able to Facebook chat then seamlessly switch to text is great.

Multitasking, really needed this, and finally it's here. It works as expected, just not with 3rd party apps yet obviously.

For me boot times seemed to have improved.

Office Hub is loads better, however I still can't access the documents synced via Live Mesh =(

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How did you get FB chat to work? I've tried removing my FB setting and adding them back.
I've also been running Mango since yesterday, and boy it's been great. I'm surprised how not buggy it is. There are a few bugs, but after a reboot most seem to be gone. The only thing missing seems to be the Twitter integration, but MS already said that will be in the final release. I don't use twitter, so I don't care. It really feels like I have a new phone again.

IE9 is an excellent mobile browser, it's awesome. Pages render quickly, and I really feel like I'm getting the full desktop experience.

The messages hub and threads is too cool. Being able to Facebook chat then seamlessly switch to text is great.

Multitasking, really needed this, and finally it's here. It works as expected, just not with 3rd party apps yet obviously.

For me boot times seemed to have improved.

Office Hub is loads better, however I still can't access the documents synced via Live Mesh =(

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
To get Facebook chat, make sure you go to messenger.live.com and connect your account to Facebook and add contacts from Facebook or go into your Live Messenger program and do it from there. Also resync your Live and Facebook accounts on your phone (settings, email and accounts, tap and hold, sync). Then wait, should be working within a few hours.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I will agree that this "beta" build is amazingly stable. Yes, it is missing some features, but the features that are there are solid. Honestly, if MS hadn't demoed some features that aren't implemented yet, I could see this being an RC with just a very few minor tweaks.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
****, no fix for that yet? Hmm... Well I just thought it through and decided I'll wait until final release you guys will serve as hype and once I get the finalized product I'm sure I'll be amazed.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that did it. It connected. I wonder if they'll allow yahoo, AIM, gmail type linking in the future.
To get Facebook chat, make sure you go to messenger.live.com and connect your account to Facebook and add contacts from Facebook or go into your Live Messenger program and do it from there. Also resync your Live and Facebook accounts on your phone (settings, email and accounts, tap and hold, sync). Then wait, should be working within a few hours.
I'm about to sit my phone in the office while I get some work done in the lab. I'm not getting any work done by sitting here waiting for facebook contact to show up in the messaging "online" tile. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)