Facebook Tile

jbramble

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone understand how the new FB tile works with the new "Push Notifications"? I have them turned on, but it doesn't seem to push through anything to my phone. I have the LG Quantum with the Windows 7 Nodo updates. Does not seem to work at all like the FB app that the iphone has.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
It has not been working for me either. I was having trouble with my NoDo Arrive and I am having the same issue with Mango. There was an article on the blog about Facebook pictures being foobared I am hoping that this is an issue with the Facebook app and not the dreaded live tile end point issue.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Push notifications check every hour, so give it time

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
If its checking every hour, its not push, it's pull. Meaning it works on a timed basis, like Urban Dictionary, Weather Channel and Fox News. Push should be instant, like as in less and 5-10 seconds. If it is push and your are not receiving notifications, either the app's server is screwed up or your pre-Mango device has a clogged registry. Don't know if Mango fixed the push/registry issues, but my 11 push apps are still working after 2 weeks. Only time will tell as there is no way to check the registry with Mango.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hrmm, I must have set mine up differently than all of you. Mine is in real time. The second someone posts on my wall, I get a push notification come up on screen.

kenshinesca

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm not alone here but I have all push settings checked on Facebook and it doesn't push a damn thing to my Focus? I've tried reinstalling, powering down the device, and deactivating my facebook account then reactivating but nothing seems to work. BTW I'm on NoDo, I hope Mango doesn't have this problem.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine is push also. FB sends me a email whenever something new is posted. I tend to get a FB notification a few seconds after.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app seems to work ok for me. If someone posts something on my wall i get a Toast notification and a red number on the tile.

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If its checking every hour, its not push, it's pull. Meaning it works on a timed basis, like Urban Dictionary, Weather Channel and Fox News. Push should be instant, like as in less and 5-10 seconds. If it is push and your are not receiving notifications, either the app's server is screwed up or your pre-Mango device has a clogged registry. Don't know if Mango fixed the push/registry issues, but my 11 push apps are still working after 2 weeks. Only time will tell as there is no way to check the registry with Mango.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
Oh sorry I got them confused

zreddog

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is Hit and Miss.
but it does work. sometimes I get the notification before I get the email. if i am on the phone a red bar comes on screen telling me what happened.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz