Transfer from old WP7 device to new?

JoeFossity

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
I've had the LG Quantum for almost a year now, and just ordered a Dell Venue Pro. (I love real keyboards). Is there any way to transfer everything from one device to the other? I tried searching and found maybe I could backup my Quantum on Zune, then restore the data onto the Venue Pro? I also found Microsoft MyPhone. Would either of these work?

Before WP7 I had a couple blackberrys and was able to easily transfer from one to the other using the blackberry desktop manager. Is there any such software for WP7? I know lots of you guys have multiple devices, so what works best for you?

I apologize if this was already answered, I tried searching but may just have my key words wrong.

Thanks,
Joe

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
pehw things you can do.

For your contac:

ether sync them with your E-mail and they will auto sync back when u get your new phone.

or you can always save your contacts to your SIM card and simply import from SIM once youg et new phone

you can use ZUNE for your music and vids

your gona need to manually re-download your apps doh ( ref to ZUNE on your PC to see witch apps you had . if you dont remember)

or you can try to get to you local cell phone store , some of them have a machine called CEllbrite ( something like that ) that can xfer ALL your phone info from one phone to an other . ( dunno if it works with wp7 doh )

you can also try to back upt he most stuff on a cloud server too i guess.

JoeFossity

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I was hoping it would be easy like blackberry, but I guess we all make sacrifices. Will call up my AT&T store and see what they can do for me. Open to any other suggestions too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos