Syncing music through Zune

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that if I sync a lot of music to my phone at once, a lot of problems occur. First of all, I notice that a lot of the music that I chose to sync simply does not make it to the phone. Only a few songs from a particular album might make it, whereas the rest is simply not there. Another thing is that a lot of songs get cut off. It will be playing and then end suddenly and go to the next song. It's not that it skips, but something happened where the song length has been shortened, like not all of the file was transferred.

Anyone else have similar issues?

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Id love to say yes to help you out, but no. I have about 10GB of music and I dont have a problem. Ok, that isn't really a LOT so maybe you have more.

Are these MP3s/WMA's?

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I sync my wirelessly and have never had an issue with part transfers and I think only once that I recall I had to tell a song twice to sync. I have been impressed I like that I can select my songs without my phone being plugged and I know it will be sync as I charge my phone at night.

CoopII

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
What phone? that way maybe see if any one else with that phone has that problem.... or tell you exchange the phone, you could have gotten a bad one (does happen).

Also, does it happen with wi-fi sync? Wired Sync?

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It is a Samsung Focus, and my second one. The other did this as well.

Almost every song has a little bit cut off of the end.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I would say then it is likely your computer is the culprit.

Maybe try a different USB port when you do it.

I would also try one on the back of the PC and make sure you get a USB 2.0 port, so it goes faster anyway. A lot of front USB ports are not actually 2.0.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I am curious if it is always the wireless or the wired also? When you resync your phone, does it fix some of the songs and create issues on other songs?

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I love the Wireless sync. I've never had a problem with either method tho. My Palm Pre did the same thing but that was both a different phone and a different lappytop. Tell us which method of sync you use. Also how how much music are you syncing when this happens. i.e. One album, or 10? What is the estimated file gee-bees (Gigabytes) that you are syncing at once?

Last edited:

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am USB syncing with a USB 2.0 port in the back of my PC (Windows 7). Deleting and re-syncing the problem files usually fixes them. I am usually syncing about 5-6 GB of music at once.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus, and on my Dell desktop, the USB sync will constantly drop out and "phone is not responding" messages will pop up all the time.

Then I can always plug it back in, and it seems to work fine and sit there.

Wireless sync always works properly though. It's just USB. But my Zune HD will work perfectly every time on my Dell. On my Samsung Laptop though, I don't seem to have any problems.

It's annoying.........but...yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on. I've tried all sorts of fixes, but it never really works perfect. I honestly want to think, that it's a combination between my phone and the desktop, where as I think another phone would work fine since my Zune HD does...but I guess I can't really know for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers