Windows Phone ignorance? *Quick funny story*

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I was at Sprint yesterday to see some Boost Mobile deals for a friend of mine, I was looking at the display phones and what do you know, the HTC Arrive was there. I notice that the EVO Shift, Epic and I think it was a Pantech device had their keyboards out and not the arrive.

After casual conversation, I acted like I just saw the device and was gonna ask a couple of questions about the device. Here's the conversation.

Me: So hey does that phone runs Windows?
Him: Yes, it does.
Me: Does it have a keyboard.
Him: I don't know.

...Yikes.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

*Continues convo*

Me: WHAT THE **** IS WROGN WITH YOU!!!
him: huh?
me: where`s your boss
him: huh
Me: FIRE THIS IDIOT!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
No your right . but as a a sell`s man that has No product knolige ,,,, either hes new .. or .. hes not making much cash! lol

i work as a sell`s man for cells.. and if something like that happened and my boss was next to me ... you best bet i would get in ALLLLOOOOOOT of trouble. and probly get slaped int he back of the head.

Did he atlease try to find out if it did for you? or did you just walk away? lol

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just quickly shift the conversation, he seemed to be the Boost Mobile representative only. He may not know about the actual Sprint phones. Though he may be new also, here's another example.

Me: Do you have any Android phones on boost?
Him: Absolutly.
Me: Is it the Optimus? :D ( I actually like the cheap Optimus one, Android series)
Him: Not is the Samsung Prevail.
Me: Oh can I see how it looks?
Him: Sorry we ran out.
Me: aw that's a bummer, do you have a flyer or something?
Him: Sure, here it is.

*cue full colored flyer with the samsung prevail on the front and the words SAMSUNG PREVAIL ON IT*

Me: Is that the samsung one?
Him: Oh yeah, never notice it before.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So you go out questioning reps about wp7, even though you already know your answers? LOL

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So you go out questioning reps about wp7, even though you already know your answers? LOL

I work in cell phones , so when ever im at a MALL or something i go out and do my **mystery shopper* lmao . i like testing people. i get a kick out of their ignorance.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, if MS isn't going to "train" them, we the customer can do it, and probably just as effectively, if everyone here went to their local locations to help increase the employee awareness of Windows Phone. But last I heard, MS knows this is an issue, and is working on implementing some plan to help educate sales reps.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, if MS isn't going to "train" them, we the customer can do it, and probably just as effectively, if everyone here went to their local locations to help increase the employee awareness of Windows Phone. But last I heard, MS knows this is an issue, and is working on implementing some plan to help educate sales reps.

So my boss comes up to me the otherday . looks at my phoen and ask me

* oh is that the new Android we got..... *
god dam .... you work in cell phones dude!! your my boss!!! ...... seriously?....

we have ALLOT OF TRAINING TO DO!! i would LOOVE to REP for MS , go to store and explain to Agents how good this phone is and what they are missing out on.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ridiculous. I'm not on MS payroll. It's their job not consumers. I did my part by picking WP7 and telling friends that it's a great OS.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

LOL nah, it's just because the fact that the all other keyboard phones where out and the arrive wasn't give me a bit of curiosity. The point of my visit was getting info of pre-paid phones for a friend.

But hey now that it's in keyboard form maybe they will sell one arrive in the whole year hahaha.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll go troll an AT&T store after I get off work. Just to see if they are up on their WP7 knowledge. I have one that's real close. Why not. LOL.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
But most people aren't knowledgeable about Android either. For example I saw a client with a Samsung gravity like phone but it had Android running. So I asumming it was the follow up to the great Gravity Touch ( a Feature phone that works great and what I was actually looking out to get ).

I saw a little T-mobile exhibition and decided to look at the phones and one guy asked me if I needed help. I asked him the name of the phone and it was called Gravity Smart. Now I said a simple question.

Me: Is it the the follow up to the Gravity Touch?
Him: Not, it's actually a downgrade version of the Galaxy S.

Does that make me a Troll? I don't think so :p.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So I went to screw with the AT&T people, and of course, the rep that was "helping" me was using a Mango Beta 1 Focus. I was hoping to have some fun, but he was up on his WP7 knowledge. He said more and more people are asking about WP7, but end up going with what they are familiar with. Android.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
So I went to screw with the AT&T people, and of course, the rep that was "helping" me was using a Mango Beta 1 Focus. I was hoping to have some fun, but he was up on his WP7 knowledge. He said more and more people are asking about WP7, but end up going with what they are familiar with. Android.

Hmmm, wonder if the whole tile concept instead of icons is throwing them off. MS may have more of an uphill battle than they know not only because they are entering the market late but because nobody has seen these wacky tiles on a phone before. @!#$%&* Android!

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nah man, the thing is that Android and IOS work. When you get a WP7 phone you buy it on faith that it will get better. It's like taking a Gamble and not everyone wants to risk that or paying the same and getting less.

When Mango comes and it's fully feature the sales rep will never have to say the work "but" again. That works destroys consumers confidences. That's of course my opinion, I don't know much about business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb