Facebook integration on a phone is nice, but I the phone book aspect of it

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I keep pocket dialing people I have never met. Does anyone really use Facebook as a phone book? That just seems odd to me. I have hundreds of Facebook Friends that I would never purposely call in a million years.

That title should say *I hate* btw. lol, fast fat fingers, not a good combination.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you 100%. I don't think it should integrate all the facebook phone numbers. A lot of the people on my facebook are people I haven't spoken to in years, that I have no desire to talk to.

agolding

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
why are they your facebook "friends" if you would never call them

you can set it to just sync to current contacts if you want anyway.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
why are they your facebook "friends" if you would never call them

you can set it to just sync to current contacts if you want anyway.

Because I like to read what they post on Facebook. Most of them I have met through an old message board that I used to frequent for about ten years, and when I left the board, I invited people to add me to Facebook. Since then, Facebook Groups have become more of a thing, and I am a member of several private groups inhabited by great people. That doesn't mean I want them in my phone book.

As far as I know, setting it to sync only current contacts means their posts do not show up on the people hub.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
People's facebook posts should show up regardless of if you have them in your actual contact list or not. I think you can add them separately too. Not sure on that one. But, be sure to check "Only add Facebook information to existing contacts "

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never done the pocket dial through the app. I did however do that through the phonebook, so I filtered the view to only show my "Gmail" contacts.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oooh I'm pretty Clumsy myself, that's why I have a holsters. I used to have me phones on the pocket but one day I was leaving a lab and the guy entering opened the door furiously on my face and broke my screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes