How do you use the WP7 icon when posting on facebook?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the new logo. I think it's more consistent with the style of the OS. It almost looks like it could be a tile. Besides, the old logo has a gradient on it. If you look through the OS, there isn't a gradient to be found anywhere. And there are squares everywhere.

I can't fault them in going for consistency.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the new logo. I think it's more consistent with the style of the OS. It almost looks like it could be a tile. Besides, the old logo has a gradient on it. If you look through the OS, there isn't a gradient to be found anywhere. And there are squares everywhere.

I can't fault them in going for consistency.

I guess it's supposed to be square similar to a tile but still think it's very dated looking.

I shall refuse to look at my boot up screen till the 'Thing' has had time to dissappear LOL

daemon123

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
no logo on Facebook posts

The windows icon shows up when you post from the people hub. The facebook app just shows the little facebook icon.

I am posting from the people hub only.. yet I don't see the windows logo. It just says "via Windows Phone".

What could be wrong?

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am posting from the people hub only.. yet I don't see the windows logo. It just says "via Windows Phone".

What could be wrong?
Man, you resurrected a thread that was almost a yeard old. Mango wasn't out when this thread was going on so maybe Mango changed it to what we see now?

daemon123

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Man, you resurrected a thread that was almost a yeard old. Mango wasn't out when this thread was going on so maybe Mango changed it to what we see now?

Another WP7.5 phone bought a week before mine puts the icon but mine doesn't.

I wouldn't have posted here if what you said was the case!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The logos don't show on the mobile Facebook site,only on the full site. It also could be due to MS changing the logo again to the 4 squares windows 8 logo that's been floating around.

daemon123

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The logos don't show on the mobile Facebook site,only on the full site. It also could be due to MS changing the logo again to the 4 squares windows 8 logo that's been floating around.

I posted from my phone on my wall...then checked from my desktop PC... No icon on my post.
My friend does the same from his mobile about a day later and his post gets the icon. He is using the exact same phone brand and model that I am using too. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I posted from my phone on my wall...then checked from my desktop PC... No icon on my post.
My friend does the same from his mobile about a day later and his post gets the icon. He is using the exact same phone brand and model that I am using too. Am I missing something?

The Logos do not show on your Timeline. The logo's only show on your News Feed. So, you do not see them for yourself because your posts don't show on your News Feed, only your time line.

As a check, go to your friends Timeline, there shouldn't be any logos.

That is how it works for all of my friends Even the ones posting from "Friendcaster for Android" have a logo on my News Feed but nothing on the Timeline.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The Logos do not show on your Timeline. The logo's only show on your News Feed. So, you do not see them for yourself because your posts don't show on your News Feed, only your time line.

As a check, go to your friends Timeline, there shouldn't be any logos.

That is how it works for all of my friends Even the ones posting from "Friendcaster for Android" have a logo on my News Feed but nothing on the Timeline.

I found this thread because I had the same question, how to get the little windows logo with each post. I however am posting from the people hub but still nothing appears except for a legend that says "via windows phone"... any ideas how to get the icon back?

Read my post above. I believe you are committing the same error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss