How do you use the WP7 icon when posting on facebook?

Mouthsmasher

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that when some people post their status updates using Windows Phone, they have the little Windows logo attached to it. When I post something from my WP7, it only has a generic cell phone icon or the facebook icon. How do you get the Windows icon to appear?

I've tried posting from my phone via text messages, the facebook app, and through IE on my phone. None of them get the desired results.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The windows icon shows up when you post from the people hub. The facebook app just shows the little facebook icon.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The windows icon shows up when you post from the people hub. The facebook app just shows the little facebook icon.

I always mock friends when it says "Posted from Facebook for Windows Phone" Seriously...you are opening up an app and going through all that trouble when you can do it from the main screen????

Once I get Mango w/ PLACES the FB app can be removed...the only other thing I have used it for was to show someone an old Album of a trip I took that was on my Wife's account and not mine. Hoping there are album options in the contacts to fix that too. (Confirm by someone on the beta?)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I always mock friends when it says "Posted from Facebook for Windows Phone" Seriously...you are opening up an app and going through all that trouble when you can do it from the main screen????

Once I get Mango w/ PLACES the FB app can be removed...the only other thing I have used it for was to show someone an old Album of a trip I took that was on my Wife's account and not mine. Hoping there are album options in the contacts to fix that too. (Confirm by someone on the beta?)
Unfortunately there is a good reason to use the Facebook app. Not all posts will show up in the people hub. See this thread for more info:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-general-discussion/179453.htm

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What if you are already on the Facebook app and wanted to post something?

(Besides those reasons in the other thread of it being a 3rd party app)

Why would you be in the app anyway?

I guess another fail is you can't "like" individual comments from the people hub...but missing that feature doesn't make it worth the time it takes to load up the app each time I would want to see what my friends were doing.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No facebook notifications in the people hub that I know of. That's the main reason I have the app installed. Other than that, there's nothing else I really use it for.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Say what? You mean the little writing on the tile, which only works half way? If you really want to keep up with FB notifications, you really have to keep the FB app. If you don't look, you'll never know they are there.
I agree, the writing on the tile is a nice touch but it doesn't actually alert you to anything. When I do get a notification from the app I like to take a glance at the tile to see what it was, but that's all it's really good for.

Even if the people hub showed everything I'd still keep the facebook app just for the notifications.

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the writing on the tile is a nice touch but it doesn't actually alert you to anything. When I do get a notification from the app I like to take a glance at the tile to see what it was, but that's all it's really good for.

Even if the people hub showed everything I'd still keep the facebook app just for the notifications.
I don't use the Facebook app, I actually deleted it because I have the me tile where I can see

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Uh you can go to facebook and in your settings set ALL your notifications to come to your email, and boom, you just need to use the people hub. You get an email on notifications and such, and open the facebook app IF you need to but most of the time can use the mobile site with friend requests. I hate running another app, people hub is the way to go for me. What I do.

v3rn

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Weird, noticed today that the icon has changed to the new red square Windows icon. Earlier today it was the same round green one, but now it's red and square.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Weird, noticed today that the icon has changed to the new red square Windows icon. Earlier today it was the same round green one, but now it's red and square.

I came here for the exact same reason.

Mango is near my friends. Everyone rejoice!

VICTORY IS AT HAND!!!!!!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn that horrible new square trash icon. :( (Much prefer the round green one) :)

Such Lovelyness ;)

windows-phone-7-logo.png

Poo & Dated Looking ;) (IMO)

squarewp7l.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss