SkyDrive Music Streaming

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just made a Music folder on my SkyDrive and popped a couple of MP3's in it and accessed it via the Office hub and guess what ? They Stream perfectly via 3G in Zune Wow!

It never used to work. Is it perhaps a Mango thing?

I have unlimited data so don't panic.

Just thought i'd share. :)

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just adding a wee posting incase anyone missed the post on WMPU, that changing your 'Video' folder type to 'Photos' within SkyDrive will show the folder up in your pictures hub.

This shows the video thumbnails which then of course lets you select which video to play.

This is far more convenient than accessing the folder via Internet Explorer in the Office Hub and then navigating to the required link.

A very tidy and convenient way of watching your SkyDrive videos I must say. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
On what screen do you change the filetype? I don't see anywhere to do that...

Click on the i icon to the right of your selected folder (Mouse Over) then open 'information' then (Folder Type / Change) at the bottom. :)

(Change it to Photos) :)

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's easy to miss. :)

I've only tried WMA's and MP4's pdawg17, i'll try a divx in a moment and see what happens. (No chance lol) ;)

I will have to wait till my folder refreshes there's no way to do it manually. (Rebooting does nothing)

Will post shortly.

No MKV or DivX (No surprise really)

Just Mov to try next.

Yep played a Mov too. :)

Last edited:

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Yes it's easy to miss. :)

I've only tried WMA's and MP4's pdawg17, i'll try a divx in a moment and see what happens. (No chance lol) ;)

I will have to wait till my folder refreshes there's no way to do it manually. (Rebooting does nothing)

Will post shortly.

No MKV or DivX (No surprise really)

Just Mov to try next.

Yep played a Mov too. :)

I was wondering about the refresh thing...I've put a couple of files in the videos folder but when I go to "Pictures" on the phone nothing comes up...guess I need to wait longer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte