Copying your Apps when you change phone

jgor2000

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi how do you do that?
I have a Samsung Focus and when I tried an HTC7 and I logged in with my Live ID the App I had on my Focus did not showed up on the HTC.
Why?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
cause you have to re-downlaod them every timne you HARDRESET / Get a new Phone

and you also need to start over your games. they dont have a cloud service for saved games yet or apps ( dont evan know if they ever will )

so open ZUNE on your PC to see witch apps/games you use to have .. then start searching and re-instaling from your phone.. lol :(

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah i know , alot of people ( including my self ) have complained about this in countless treads/posts.

i sure hope they fix it in the APOLO or Tango Update next year. or atlease be able to re-loaded them with Zune ( ont he PC ) Automaticly like a SYNC.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Any apps you DL's via Zune will auto install after a reset, anything you get through the marketplace will have to be manually reinstalled. Optimal no, but it is what it is.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Any apps you DL's via Zune will auto install after a reset, anything you get through the marketplace will have to be manually reinstalled. Optimal no, but it is what it is.

what you mean on ZUNE ?? every time i go on ZUNE on my PC to get an app it tell me to go to the market palce on my cell phone to Dl the app!?

hammerhand

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a guess, but maybe you can only download apps via zune in the US? I know a lot of crap is region specific...

More on topic: I would love if there were some kind of backup option in zune. That's one big thing I miss about my blackberry. I could backup, update, update to unofficial OSes and who knows what else, but I'd never lose my data because every time all my apps would be back, all my settings the way I left them, and all my messages would be there, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6