Impressive Battery Life

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I went on a long walk yesterday and decided to take my new stereo BT headset with me to give it a thorough test out.

I plumped for the Artic P311 as all the reviews i had read were generally positive for the price of them. (?22 on ebay UK) The in-ear bud type hurt my ears very quickly, that helped me select these. They really are comfy.

Mini Review

Quick Review: Arctic Sound P311 Stereo Bluetooth Headset :: TweakTown USA Edition

I listened to streaming radio constantly for 4 hours (All my favourites via the Last FM app) which worked and sounded great 100% of the time. (Thank you 3 UK)

On my journey I had 6 calls which i was able to answer using my BT headset perfectly, I was well impressed with that, the only downside is that anyone near you at the time of the call thinks you are a complete moron LOL.

The callers could all hear me perfectly which is what counts but incoming quality to myself seemed overmodulated but this may have been because my handset volume was at 30, so not sure. (I will experiment next time)

I then listened to some of the MP3's i had popped on my SkyDrive for test purposes and the quality is just amazing compared to Last FM (Understandable)

Anyway I had used BT constantly for just under 4 and a half hours listening to streaming music and my battery remained a little above half.

I was rather pleased with this as I made the same journey before on previous phones and listening to MP3's on the phone (not streaming) the battery always died on the way home.

Just thought i'd share my experiences with BT and 3G streaming on my Omnia 7.

The Wee Bear is very happy with his WP7 to say the least. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ikkf

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your constant testing man, I really appreciate it. If only my networks 3G was pasable, It says 3G but I can't stream anything and on 2g the phone just doesn't work.

Last edited:

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I listen to downloaded podcasts on my Trophy for roughly 4 hours(until my bluetoooth earpiece dies) a day as well as regular phone use and I normally have 65% or more left. I too am very impressed with the battery.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can even get a 2400mAh battery for the Omnia 7 that comes with a larger battery cover to accomodate it. I would imagine this would last for ages.

You can probably get them for other phones too. The Omnia 7 one is only ?14 so they aren't expensive.

Would take a little time to get used to having a thicker phone I guess, but it's a good idea for those that need even more battery life before they can perform a charge.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My Optimus always last more than a day. I somethings put some Angry birds just to drain the battery and charge it, because I don't want to charge with still half the battery on it.

( But I do have bluetooth and wifi off and on the lowest light setting )

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
a bigger battery is pretty much the only thing I would really like to find for my DVP (I can usually make it thru the day fine but, if I don't re-charge every night I may not make it to the morning).

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site

yeah, seen that one already. But, I'm wary of any battery that isn't acknowledged by the phone mfr as a legitimate option for their phone (not keen on replacing the nice back cover on my phone with that cheap looking piece of plastic either). If I could go into a local store and see it I might be more willing to give that one a try but, when most of the availability for that one seems to be via e-bay auctions I become somewhat more cautious. Thanks though!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
yeah, seen that one already. But, I'm wary of any battery that isn't acknowledged by the phone mfr as a legitimate option for their phone (not keen on replacing the nice back cover on my phone with that cheap looking piece of plastic either). If I could go into a local store and see it I might be more willing to give that one a try but, when most of the availability for that one seems to be via e-bay auctions I become somewhat more cautious. Thanks though!

Most welcome...

Yeah totally agree with you there wolf1891. I quite fancied one for my Omnia (don't really need it to be honest) but I don't fancy the feel of my phone getting larger either. :)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Bear have you tried out the extended one for the Omnia 7? I've been debating picking one up for an upcoming holiday...

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi there Jay, no i do fancy one just to see how long it lasts, but it's something I don't really need but a spare battery wouldn't go wrong, the only thing is you can get a normal Omnia 7 1500 mAh for ?4 lol.

I am still resisting the temptation, but if I do, i'll let you know what it's like, if you haven't beaten me to it. :)

I'm sure you've seen the Omnia ones.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ies_SM%26hash%3Ditem4cf7a3ebcf&token=IAuMUTja

donnydonny#WP

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I love the battery life of my Arrive. Coming from a Palm Pre, I still habitually think that I need to charge my phone every few hours, but now I no longer worry about needing to charge my phone every few hours because I know that my phone will now last for a full day of moderate usage.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the battery life of my Arrive. Coming from a Palm Pre, I still habitually think that I need to charge my phone every few hours, but now I no longer worry about needing to charge my phone every few hours because I know that my phone will now last for a full day of moderate usage.

Good stuff donnydonny, the only problem I have is with the 'moderate use' you mentioned. I just can't stop using my WP7, it's just so, not put downable LOL

I got my WP7 in October and you'd have thought by now the novelty would have long worn off, (It did on all my other phones i've had), but if anything i'm using it more and more now.

I just absolutely love it! :)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My phone gets insane battery life also. Sadly the same can't be said for Focus and HD7 users =(
You ain't gotta tell me twice lol. It's funny really I had the Droid (1st gen running the best ROM and kernel Cyanogenmod and company can find) but my battery testing results were mixed... While idle (light usage, very much like having it in my pocket at work for the majority of the day) my HD7 tore the Droid's battery life apart. HD7 getting 12-14 hours, and the Droid getting around 6-8. With constant usage (from full charge to dead) the Droid's battery won, but not by much... My HD7 gets 3.5-4 hours, where the Droid would get 4.5-5 hours.

Last edited:

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree, battery life on my Focus is quite good. I can do two full days with mild use. My Galaxy S on 2.3.3(Gingerbread) can barely make it through the day. Of course I only use the Galaxy about one or two days a month. I just cannot stay away from WP7 for more than a day. Seriously.
El Mono

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
battery life is good , i personally charge my phone on my PC at work ,, and when i get home i connect it right back up to my PC . so my battery rarely goes below 70%

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do the same thing with my Omnia, while at home I keep it charged, on the A/C power adapter. The biggest problem is always playing around with my damn WP7 device. At one time, I could care less about taking a lunch break, but now, I can't wait to go and sit in a wifi hotspot and play until it's time to go back to work. I usually get atleast a day on my phone from regular use & a few phone calls here & there(hate talking on the phone anyway, rather text or email).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster