Ideas: notification list left of start menu, & tile for multitasking view

patricksmangan

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Good idea? Instead of swiping right from the start menu to go to your list of apps, swipe left to go to your list of banner notifications, all stacked up. Swipe away to dismiss like webos, or press and hold for options including dismiss.

Also another idea, in mango, the multitasking screen should be a hub in and of itslef, in the app list, with an optional tile to get there. Afaik, u can only get there by holding the back button, which is ok, but a tile option would b cool too

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I really like your multitasking idea, as long as Microsoft didn't add another arrow on the left side of the screen.

patricksmangan

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a great idea. Other than text messages what would show up on this screen?

Tile notifications have numbers, but these would be specific, and would take you to the text conversation or specific email its for, maybe with a timestamp? Plus any other sort of notifications from 3rd party apps. Missed calls with their specific callback numbers per notification, etc.

Webos has my favorite notification system so far besides tiles, so i would miss it when i migrate over.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
They could just make the notifications tab in the me tile be for all notifications, missed calls, etc. Each line item could be a link to the missed call, email, whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99