Nokia N9 with WP7?

altoids2011

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Since it will have pretty much identical hardware to Sea Ray, will it be possible to port WP7 onto the N9? I mean I would love to just get Sea Ray from the get go, but its nice to have choices as far as price, release date, and availability is concerned. I'm thinking the N9 might be cheaper and be released earlier. I could play with Meego while waiting for Mango. Okay I might have misunderstood some of the order of events...

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The problem with putting WP7 on unsupported devices comes down to not only drivers (etc), but also licensing. I don't know about you but I wouldn't really want a phone without access to all of the windows live services.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Get the real deal my friend. Also Nokia is gonna have the real WP7 phones next years, they might come out with some crazy stuff. Like a Keyboard phone that's slimmer than the focus.

altoids2011

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah licensing. Thats something I forgot about. I guess I'll have to wait for W9 or whatever its called nowadays. Hopefully it will be at the same time the N9 comes out are shortly after. Not gonna hold my breath until next year. I like the N9 design but who knows what they are gonna cook up for a successor design...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb