Texting in landscape

troyfrezze

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if i'm overlooking this somewhere in the search, and if I have, feel free to link me.

I love my Focus, but I have one issue I hope is corrected in Mango or ASAP. When texting people in the normal posistion, I get slightly annoyed that microsoft went with these huge blocks to contain text. It takes up so much room on the page and limits what I can actually see on the screen. It gets even worse when I goto landscape. I CAN'T read anything sent to me. If I send a message, I can only see the line I'm typing at that moment. As soon as I hit send, or someone sends me a message while in landscape mode, I have to either stop, scroll it back down to read, then back up, or half the time it's just easier to turn back to portrait to read.

This is really my biggest gripe with the phone. I do alot of texting my wife right now since she's in the hospital and doesn't get reception very well for phone calls, so texting is the way to go. It's just so annoying though since I can only read small "blocks" at a time or none at all.

Does anyone else have issues with this, or know if there is something that can be done?

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I feel like they could down size each key & the text area by like 5 pixels and allow at least one line to be read.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I doubt it's much better (if at all) on other OSes. This is just the nature of a slab device and one of the reasons why, even though I think the virtual keyboard on WP7 is one of the best virtual keyboards out there, I probably will still continue to want physical keyboard slider devices.

I wonder if the speech-to-text will help you when it comes in Mango.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the speech-to-text will help you when it comes in Mango.

It sure does. Last week I had my headset on and my phone was in my pocket. I received an SMS. I listened to it, I replied, 2 more messages were passed back and forth. All of this was done without ever taking my phone out of my pocket. It was perfect.

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the OP on this issue. Landscape texting is bad when you can't even read a previous message without having to scroll through each line every time. I doubt this type of issue with be addressed in Mango though as I don't think Microsoft sees this as a problem but rather a feature of WP7 with it's large area keyboard for easier typing....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes