CIO.com: 4 Reasons Windows Phone 7 Will Beat IPhone and Android

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
4 Reasons Windows Phone 7 Will Beat IPhone and Android CIO.com

Microsoft's expertise with productivity influences even consumer-focused features. Instead of taking an app-based approach, Microsoft built Windows Phone 7 around a task-centric philosophy.

"Android is mimicking the iOS experience, but Microsoft is trying something different," says Winthrop of The Enterprise Mobility Foundation. "The perfect example of their task-focused approach is the People Hub. You not only see contacts, but you can also see what they're doing." People Hub integrates into Facebook, and it will ultimately integrate into other social media, such as Twitter. "There's also an aesthetic difference. Do you want to be constantly swiping between panes, or do you want to access information where it's natural?"
I never really thought of it that way, but I guess it's true.

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
And it is this difference that MS needs to promote in future advertising. I would like to see commercials where the basis tag line is 'I don't need a phone with a hundred different applications, I need a phone that helps me with my daily life'.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that Android is mimicking the iOS experience. It's a totally different feel when using it. I think they copied the icon look, but the OS doesn't copy the experience. Both iOS and Android feel dated compared to WP7 fresh take on the GUI.
4 Reasons Windows Phone 7 Will Beat IPhone and Android CIO.com

I never really thought of it that way, but I guess it's true.
Also, with the social integration, you have to switch between tiles to get all the information it has to offer. It's not all in one spot. And also, you'll need to download the FB app and a twitter app, to get full functionality of those social sites. Has the author ever used a WP7 running mango? Doesn't seem like it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I honestly can't see Windows Phone beating anything. Why? because I have one and there's nothing I have that doesn't fail =(

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I honestly can't see Windows Phone beating anything. Why? because I have one and there's nothing I have that doesn't fail =(

Whoa, disgruntled much? We are all about opinions here, but how about why you feel that way. That way others can learn from your experiences.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I feel WP7 caters to a specific market, but as time goes on that market gets bigger. It's a group of people that want their phone to work. They don't want 7 pages full of app icons, they don't want to carry around a charger all day, they don't want to root the phone and load a custom rom just to make the stuff already on the phone work. Android's newness and blaming issues on said newness is getting old and iOS is boring. lol

As far as actual applications go I've installed two on this thing. Youtube and Bank of America. It has everything else, outlook, office, navigation, weather, and music/video player. Games? I've got like 20-30 but I don't count those as apps since they go under xbox live.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it's going to be difficult for WP7 to catch up to android and iphone. Not saying they won't, but they have a long way to go. It seems like everyone I show mine to thinks it's pretty neat, so maybe once the next generation of phones are released they will be more popular.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I love my WP phone, but I couldn't disagree more about Android mimicing iOS while WP tries to do different. The live tiles ARE different, but not much. They are still little squares that you poke at to open an app. Taken as a whole, WP and iOS have far more in common than Android and iOS imho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb