Text Related Questions

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on finally getting a smart phone, and have loved Windows 7 since it came out.
Earlier this spring, when I saw Windows Phone 7, I was quite impressed, and now will finally be getting the Arrive soon.

I have a few questions about texting.

With WP7, is there any way to lock or archive a text? On all my past phones, if someone sends something really funny, or something that I'll want to remember in the future, I'll lock it so I can't delete it. Is there anything like that with WP7?

Also, is there a way to cancel a text before it's fully sent? Sometimes if I've sent a text, but only realized after I hit "send" that it had some sort of glaring error, I'm able to press "End" and the text will say it has been cancelled, so I can fix it and send it again.

Earlier today, I went to the Sprint store and played with the Arrive. I tried to figure out both of these questions, but couldn't find anything (also tried googling, with no answer).

Thanks!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This May Help

With WP7, is there any way to lock or archive a text? On all my past phones, if someone sends something really funny, or something that I'll want to remember in the future, I'll lock it so I can't delete it. Is there anything like that with WP7?

Rico is correct, Windows Phone as we now know it does not do what you have described. Here is another option though.

Say you get a funny pic MMS'd to you and you want to save it. Simple. You can of course view this within your conversation stream, but tap on it and you will see a full view of it. From there you have the option to "Save To Phone". You can also "Add To Favorites". Both will autosave to your PC the next time you sync with Zune. If you want to share the image directly from the phone, this can easily be accomplished right from the image viewer under "Share", in which you can send in the traditional ways like MMS and email, but also other ways, such as uploading to Facebook, Windows Live, and with Mango (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one) LinkedIn and Twitter. You can also send directly to Skydrive for safekeeping.

As far as funny text, this can be just as easy. Within your conversation stream, you can long-press on any message and you will get the options to "Delete, Forward, Copy". Select "Copy" and then navigate to the "Office" hub, and open a new (or existing) note and paste there. OneNote is easily linked to SkyDrive too, and is a great tool, although it's blatant lack of sexiness is probably why it is under-utilized, in my opinion.

I hope this is helpful!
And welcome to WPCentral!

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome!

And I never thought to just simply make a WP7 document using Office. Can't believe that didn't occur to me at all (especially with Office on the phone is a big feature).
If I can't lock texts on the phone itself, then that's a perfectly sensible way to save them.

I ordered my Arrive yesterday, and I'm excited for it to (resist saying "arrive", resist saying "arrive") get here!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome!

And I never thought to just simply make a WP7 document using Office. Can't believe that didn't occur to me at all (especially with Office on the phone is a big feature).
If I can't lock texts on the phone itself, then that's a perfectly sensible way to save them.

I ordered my Arrive yesterday, and I'm excited for it to (resist saying "arrive", resist saying "arrive") get here!

Welcome to the (growing) early adopters club!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It took awhile for many people to start using "device" instead of saying "My new Windows Phone 7 Phone". Some still say Windows Mobile or Windows 7 Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro