May you help me deciding?

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i have the focus and played around with a DVP in store. while i DO like having a keyboard (came from a BB) i have to say that the size of the DVP is just way too big for my small hands. even the focus has a screen big enough so I always need 2 hands to maneuver it. I've expanded my focus to 20 GB which is plenty for me and updated to mango yesterday. The screen is magnificent and the phone itself is really light. always comes down to your personal preference.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I would wait for the Nokia WP7 phones - can't remember the date on hand but there's one event at the beginning of Sept and you-know-what it might be about ;)

augustofretes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I would wait for the Nokia WP7 phones - can't remember the date on hand but there's one event at the beginning of Sept and you-know-what it might be about ;)

Thanks, but I don't think Nokia will announce anything until Nokia World, on late October. Moreover, I don't know for sure the price of those new devices, unless those are <300-350 off-contract (which I highly doubt) none of those devices would be a viable option for me (I'm already on a contract).

I think I'll go with the Samsung Omnia 7, I'm just trying to find where to buy the 16 GB version.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the only place in Europe where the 16GB version of the Omnia 7 is available is Germany, not 100% sure if it's available in other EU countries with any more than the normal 8GB.

Some specs on Amazon Germany show 16GB

Amazon.de: omnia 7

Same on Ebay (Germany)

Omnia 7 Angebote - attraktive Preise für Handy Organizer, Heimwerker Artikel bei eBay.de

Some research may be required. ;)

Hope you manage to get your 16GB Omnia should you decide on that augustofretes. :)

You won't be dissappointed with an Omnia 7. It's a fantastic phone. :)

augustofretes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the only place in Europe where the 16GB version of the Omnia 7 is available is Germany, not 100% sure if it's available in other EU countries with any more than the normal 8GB.

Some specs on Amazon Germany show 16GB

Amazon.de: omnia 7

Same on Ebay (Germany)

Omnia 7 Angebote - attraktive Preise für Handy Organizer, Heimwerker Artikel bei eBay.de

Some research may be required. ;)

Hope you manage to get your 16GB Omnia should you decide on that augustofretes. :)

You won't be dissappointed with an Omnia 7. It's a fantastic phone. :)

Thanks for the links! The price is actually good (around 316 dollars). I'm just unable to find if they ship internationally.

Edit:

Oh, I found one on the regular ebay site: NEW Samsung i8700 Omnia 7 5MP Wi-Fi 16GB UNLOCKED Phone - eBay (item 160590851817 end time Aug-18-11 10:02:20 PDT)

It seems legit =D

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's good augustofretes, yes i thought the prices were OK. Fingers crossed you get sorted out with shipping. :) I see you found one now. Excellent!

Yakolev

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I remember the Dell Venue Pro being priced for 200,- at the Mediamarkt in Germany, they sure are lucky folks there. And so am I for living 5 minutes from the border.

augustofretes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bother you all again, but what do you think:

Samsung Omnia 7 (16 GB) for $330 + Taxes (16%) = $382
Samsung Focus (8 GB) for $250 + Taxes (16%) = $290

Is it really worth a $92 dollars difference (31.7% extra)? Or it would be a little bit too much premium for sexiness XD?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Only you know that augustofretes. LOL

The sensible answer is of course the Focus but it looks like any other 'Rounded Corner' phone out there. (IMO)

Yummy sexy chocolate bar shape = The Omnia. (Cadburys not Hersheys) ;)

Not that i'm biased of course! ;)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Mmmmmmmm
omnia7.jpg

Meh!
focus.jpg

Hmmmmmm does this make it any easier ? LOL ;) Oh did i mention it's not plastic ? :)

augustofretes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha!

Damn. You want me to take the non-sensible answer. The Omnia 7 is gorgeous, the Focus looks nice, but why they placed those AT&T and Samsung logos that way? The back is weird, and looks like will scratch easily.

Then again, for $92 I can buy around 7 backs XD.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha!

Damn. You want me to take the non-sensible answer. The Omnia 7 is gorgeous, the Focus looks nice, but why they placed those AT&T and Samsung logos that way? The back is weird, and looks like will scratch easily.

Then again, for $92 I can buy around 7 backs XD.
Thanks for joining in the fun, I'm just messing with you, I know everyone loves their Focus handsets but to be honest when I first saw the Omnia it was the shape that drew me to it.

I just have a preference for square. My network (3 UK) only has 1 WP7 handset and when it was announced it was the Omnia 7 i couldn't believe my luck.

Anyway i won't say another word on recommending a phone, honest!

Don't forget to let us know what you think of your new Omnia 7 oops, em or Focus. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb