what is your next wp7?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL, yeah but I like the larger size and solid feel. My brother has a HD7, and I don't mind the screen. I'm not watching Avatar 3d on my phone anyway. LOL. Plus that AMOLED screen is a battery killer.

hmm AMOLED int that much worst then LDC , it all depends what you do , if you have allot of dark colors with AMOLED your battery will last longer because black pixels on AMOLED dont use power (iish ) something you cant do with LCD . so the colors of your background can actually Effect the battery lol ( on AMOLED )

how to improve battery life on AMOLED: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/bat...en-mobiles-improved-by-simple-tweak-50004123/

AMoled and SLCD compared: http://asia.cnet.com/amoled-and-slcd-screens-compared-62201671.htm

So saying AMOLED kills your battery life is not 100% accurate. more like 50% ;) and you can actually make it last longer then LCD if you stay away from WHITES

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, dark colors. Try the light theme and watch how quickly the battery dies. With mif - heavy use with a dark theme, I get about 8 - 9 hours of battery life on my focus. With mid - heavy use using the light them, I'm luck to get 4 - 5 hours of battery life.
hmm AMOLED int that much worst then LDC , it all depends what you do , if you have allot of dark colors with AMOLED your battery will last longer because black pixels on AMOLED dont use power (iish ) something you cant do with LCD . so the colors of your background can actually Effect the battery lol ( on AMOLED )

how to improve battery life on AMOLED: Battery life on AMOLED screen mobiles improved by simple tweak | Crave | CNET UK

AMoled and SLCD compared: AMOLED and SLCD screens compared - Phones - CNET Asia

So saying AMOLED kills your battery life is not 100% accurate. more like 50% ;)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, dark colors. Try the light theme and watch how quickly the battery dies. With mif - heavy use with a dark theme, I get about 8 - 9 hours of battery life on my focus. With mid - heavy use using the light them, I'm luck to get 4 - 5 hours of battery life.

lo0l well stay away for the lights!!! all my backgrounds + theam are all set up to dark colours for this reason i get an extra hour or 2 out of it.

i understand it can be a B***H if u ever find a really nice white background ;)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, can't do it. I saw a review on some site, and they were using the light background with the lime accent color, and that's been my theme ever since. I also find the text crisper when using the ligh background. Black text on the white background stands out more than the white text on the black background. IMO.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

how to improve battery life on AMOLED: Battery life on AMOLED screen mobiles improved by simple tweak | Crave | CNET UK

AMoled and SLCD compared: AMOLED and SLCD screens compared - Phones - CNET Asia

So saying AMOLED kills your battery life is not 100% accurate. more like 50% ;) and you can actually make it last longer then LCD if you stay away from WHITES

why does it gotta be a white and black thing? thats racism!!! lol j/k
and i dont hate samsung and dell, i just pretend to sometimes i guess. but i do have to pretend what i currently have is the best! so because i have an htc, its the best! although i do stand behind the fact that htc always puts out updates quicker... as proven by froyo and gingerbread... and the people over at xda always seem to have the latest and greatest roms on the htc's... i think microsoft should make a flagship phone, designed and sold by microsoft... like apple does with their iphone

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
why does it gotta be a white and black thing? thats racism!!! lol j/k
and i dont hate samsung and dell, i just pretend to sometimes i guess. but i do have to pretend what i currently have is the best! so because i have an htc, its the best! although i do stand behind the fact that htc always puts out updates quicker... as proven by froyo and gingerbread... and the people over at xda always seem to have the latest and greatest roms on the htc's... i think microsoft should make a flagship phone, designed and sold by microsoft... like apple does with their iphone

lol , well the problem with the people at XDA , or problemssssssss i should say lol...

XDA dev`s are 99% oriented for HTC and always have been , and the reason for that is that over 90% of the dev at XDA work for HTC OR Microsoft directly , so they have access to things a little faster ;) ( that?s what a HTC rep once told me ) and its nice to have the Custom ROM and all , but i don?t think MS would like that very much specially with all the copy rights/ patents /lawsuits going on right now , hahaha , it would just look like MS was contradicting them self?s by allowing HTC to be a flag ship.

But don?t get me wrong?.

I just wish HTC had S-AMOLED PLUS, then id get an HTC faster then you can blink , so for the time being .. Samsung it is..

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just wish HTC had S-AMOLED PLUS, then id get an HTC faster then you can blink , so for the time being .. Samsung it is..

Am I the only person who isn't blown away by the Focus' screen? It's nice and all, but everyone makes it out to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person who isn't blown away by the Focus' screen? It's nice and all, but everyone makes it out to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread.

i just love it and honestly HTC has nothing better to offer for the time being ( gettign faster updates , HTC only apps , or HTC doesnt feel cheap , its just not enought )

and if i compare to the surround i ahd and the HD7 , i find the screen so much better and for me its all i need , but honestly its a preference , ia rgue with people at work about this EVERY DAY!! lol became a hobby

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I find it amazing to look at. The viewing angles are great. That being said, I'd trade for an HD7S in a heartbeat. ****, I'd trade for a unlocked HD7.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

agreed... if wp7 os is peanut butter, then htc phones are jelly... they just go together, ya know? amoled is nice, its very nice, but not a huge selling point for me... my lcd screen is also nice, just not as bright. but as stated earlier, i get better battery life, even with a white background.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i just love it and honestly HTC has nothing better to offer for the time being ( gettign faster updates , HTC only apps , or HTC doesnt feel cheap , its just not enought )

and if i compare to the surround i ahd and the HD7 , i find the screen so much better and for me its all i need , but honestly its a preference , ia rgue with people at work about this EVERY DAY!! lol became a hobby
When I compared the Focus and the Surround side by side, I found that I preferred the screen on the Surround more, the Focus was just so bright that it hurt my eyes to look at it for a long time. Plus the HTC phones feel a lot more solid in my opinion.

Hopefully the new batch of Samsung phones will be prettier.

I find it amazing to look at. The viewing angles are great. That being said, I'd trade for an HD7S in a heartbeat. ****, I'd trade for a unlocked HD7.
I love the screen size of the HD7S, what I don't like is how dark the screen is, and the weird gap between the battery door and the back of the phone. I wish that AT&T would get the Trophy.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720