Mango tips and tricks...

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Umm, did everyone forget about the fast app switching?

Another thing: Mango itself is great, no doubt, but once the Mango-updated apps come out, we will see a bigger difference in how our devices work.

swanny78

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know if transparent wallpapers work, I know they stopped after the Beta version of Mango? Also how do you read or submit reviews on establishements that appear under Bing scout. It tells me it has 2 reviews but no way to see them

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know if transparent wallpapers work, I know they stopped after the Beta version of Mango? Also how do you read or submit reviews on establishements that appear under Bing scout. It tells me it has 2 reviews but no way to see them
No, there's still problems with transparent wallpapers Swanny78, they still show corrupt until you unlock the lock screen.

Can't help you on the Local Scout reviews as I can't find a single restaurant or shop with a review here in the UK. Perhaps it's not implimented here yet. Not sure.

I can't even find a review in New York. You just drag your map to any country and zoom in and hit local scout. No luck so far LOL :)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This isn't really entirely relevant to this thread but it is about Mango... I found a little bug but it's very very likely just a driver/firmware issue. My (stock HTC) headphones' remote control will no longer control my HD7 lol. So just a small heads up to anybody who might think their headsets might've messed up because that's what I thought at first but then I remembered the warning that the instructions gave about it being a "clean" build.

mikaelto

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
still learning new things everyday with this mango... i must say though, i am dissapointed that there are some key features missing. for example, why cant we long press a number from a text or on the web, and save it to contacts? or why cant we change custom ringtones, alerts, or alarms directly from our phones? why cant we customize our tiles, more colors, maybe make them translucent, backgrounds? the idea of quick toggles for wifi, bluetooth, ect ... in the dark black area to the right side, easily implemented!!! and i could have swore i heard someone say that the wallpaper displayed a zune like appearance of the current song playing? mine doesnt, just added buttons for fast forward, rewind and pause.... any insight on this???

Settings --> lock+wallpaper --> Show artist when playing music = on --> will give you a zune like effect on you lock screen.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
anyone been able to use the internet sharing yet? i know the titan has it.... or the wifi toggle tiles? that is a very sweet add on imo!!! much needed, neet to see it in an app...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon