Can't do that with an iPhone!!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I give you people the best reason as to why wp7 is better than IOS:

Everytime i fire up my Focus I get to see a live tile of my brand new daughter!!!

IOS doesn't have an app for that!!!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Got her on the unlock screen too!

Put her on the unlock screen about half hour after she was born. It was pretty cool to be able to make a contact for her so she would pop up as a tile.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
And you can even make calls on a WP7 handset, no matter which way you hold the phone. ;)

That still pisses me off that Apple had the balls to straight up lie to their sheep-like customers saying antenna-gate was a mis-calculation in the OS that they "fixed" with a software update. Another reason I sold my iPhone on Ebay to buy a Focus. :)

If I held my phone wrong, then I couldn't surf the web becuase there was no signal. That's not a dang software glitch.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That still pisses me off that Apple had the balls to straight up lie to their sheep-like customers saying antenna-gate was a mis-calculation in the OS that they "fixed" with a software update. Another reason I sold my iPhone on Ebay to buy a Focus. :)

If I held my phone wrong, then I couldn't surf the web becuase there was no signal. That's not a dang software glitch.
The best part was that after nobody bought that story they tried to claim that every phone has the same problem. Deny deny deny. Then after nobody bought that either they finally had to admit it was a design flaw and give out free cases.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
They gave out cases for what.. a month..? Then everyone forgot because everyone buys a case for their iPhone anyway. Didn't anyone think "Making a phone out of two sheets of glass, might be a bad idea..?" hahahaha

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, everyone does have the same problem to some extent or other. I live in a bad signal area, and if I hold my Mozart in the palm of my left hand I can make the signal drop a bar or two in seconds.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So were you a sheep? Just asking. I had a iphone4 and without a doubt, it had antenna issues. But a apple sheeple I never was. #Focus

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

kismayaz

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Another thing, I got Zune set up on my PC yesterday and synced some music and pics to my focus. Now, I'm not sure about the iPhone, but I definitely don't remember being able to listen to music while playing games on my Android.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to think no one could make a good phone unless it was an apple product, but I'm telling you, after three iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4), I am sold on WP7. There was definitely a withdrawal period, but once I started getting into the functionality of the phone, I was hooked.

Once Mango updates video uploads, it will be exactly what I need it to be.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Then you had a bad phone. I know a lot of people with an iphone4 that never had the issue you describe(though apples quality isn't as great as they would like you to think). My wife included. Oh, she had a bad phone and had to exchange it for different reasons(GPS, WiFI in our home). But never a complete loss of signal(AT&T).
After the exchange it's been solid.

And yes, holding it certain ways can reduce signal but it's not that bad at all. I know so many people with iphone4's that it's easy for me to compare.
(not a ios ******, I have an android now with time left to exchange for a WP7 which i'm open to)

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think my trophy is much better than an iPhone 4 in the reception department. As far as lockscreen pictures iPhone can do that also. My wife has a picture of our kid on hers.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs