Accepting calendar invites?

Fogo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this has already been answered, but I've spent the last 10 minutes searching the forums and couldn't find a response to my question. (If it has been answered though, it's fine to just share a link.)

I have my Samsung Focus (1.3) syncing with two calendars hosted by Google. If I create a new event, I can easily invite other attendees. However, if I receive an invitation, I'm unable to accept or decline the invitation. If I look at the event details, I can swipe over to the attendees pane, and see my name listed, but when I hit the "respond" button down in the bottom menu, the only options I'm given are:

* reply all
* forward

I've spent a ton of time going through the various menus & settings, but I can't find anything that's allowing me to set my status for these invitations from my device. Is there something I've overlooked?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey I tried looking on the web and I'm not finding anything related to this issue. I'm wondering if you can't accept calendar invites since Google might use their own APIs? I'm thinking Outlook and maybe even Hotmail might allow for it, but I'm not positive.

I actually was a Gmail user, but created a Hotmail account and inside of Hotmail there's a way to get your Gmail mail. I figure in the long run things will be easier for me.

Fogo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah - I've been searching all over, and can't seem to find a response to this. I'm finding a few posts mentioning how to accept invitations, but the problem is that my phone doesn't even give me an option to do it.

I thought about going the Hotmail route, but my work uses Google for all of our email & calendars, so that's not really an option for me.

Fogo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has found a workaround for this issue. I had hoped it would be fixed in Mango, but honestly, unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm amazed I'm not finding more people complaining about it. I did create a feature request on UserVoice for this support though: Accept Google calendar invites

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I would speculate that its because google is doing something funny with their Exchange implementation. Seems that sync problems always come up with google's services but using Exchange or Hotmail doesnt produce these problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss