Picked up a WP7 Phone this weekend

xtravgnt

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Also I wish under the phone filters there was a simple "Don't show contacts without phone numbers" check box. This would help the phone list not be so cluttered with people

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The Skype acquisition isn't complete yet.

There was a job posting at MS for an engineer that would be part of the team to integrate Skype features into the core OS. So that's promising.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Visual Voicemail is a service that is closely integrated with the carrier's voicemail service. As far as we know, everyone with Mango (7712 or 7720) still does not have the final version, even if 7720 will end up being the final build number. It is considered "released to manufacturers" (RTM). They and the carriers still have to approve it, add in their bloatware (which is bearable with WP), and potentially build firmware updates to better utilize all of Mango's features.

People speak of Mango like it is our right to be using it already. I'm in no position to comment on the legal or moral aspect of this argument. But just keep in mind that the carriers haven't even released it yet. Even those people that have had Mango installed on their devices directly by Microsoft (I have two friends that fall into this category) have been told that not all of the kinks have been ironed out yet.

I am looking forward to upgrading to Mango just as much, or more, than the next guy, but I am content to wait for the official update to be rolled out, as excruciating as that is becoming.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Also I wish under the phone filters there was a simple "Don't show contacts without phone numbers" check box. This would help the phone list not be so cluttered with people

Actually... if you go into settings> applications >people ... you can select "Only add Facebook information to existing contacts"

This will filter out facebook friends who aren't phone contacts. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb