Banning apps in marketplace

Catscan

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Heey guys,

So I just downloaded the new update for Zune and now the marketplace is also available for me to view here in The Netherlands :D! Now I was just browsing a bit, and then I noticed this:

Check this screenshot

And that list goes on and on of apps with just different people / subjects. It's pretty annoying to have to scroll through a whole list of the same apps, with no real difference to them. Is there a way to blacklist certain developers or apps?

Also; is the list on the phone the same? (I don't have a WP7 phone just yet..)

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's crazy. I know there was an article on WPCentral about this spam. Not sure what they did to take care of the situation. Did you search for something in particular to get these results? You'll never see this on the phone as these things never make it to the top apps. If you search for the app specifically then it'll pop up.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
so with the update u can now download apps in the netherlands does it work with xbl titles as my friend is wondering and I dont wanna tell him to reset the phone and start it up with his acc if it dosn't work

Catscan

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
That's crazy. I know there was an article on WPCentral about this spam. Not sure what they did to take care of the situation. Did you search for something in particular to get these results? You'll never see this on the phone as these things never make it to the top apps. If you search for the app specifically then it'll pop up.

I wasn't searching for anything particular, in the marketplace I was browsing the Books + References section, and all those apps showed up. There are about 70 of those apps, and also a lot of a apps that are just one book. Weirdly they are not the top results, but just below that.

so with the update u can now download apps in the netherlands does it work with xbl titles as my friend is wondering and I dont wanna tell him to reset the phone and start it up with his acc if it dosn't work

Though I can't test it just yet, I believe you can download the apps in the marketplace. When I press to download an app, Zune is searching for a WP7 phone. So I'm pretty sure you can download and install apps.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah people have been complaining about that sints the start of WP7, MS tried to break it down my Making APPS release to a 20 app a day per dev ( witch if WAAAAAAAAAy to many ) but i guess better then infinity
then MS made a Contest , the more apps you realest the more chance you have: so it got spammed again with useless crap.

im hoping they break down on this Crap after MANGO cause dev will no longer have an excuse to Spam 20 apps when they can all integrated the features into one KICK *** APp, honestly i dunno why they dont already do it.

Dev think that by doing this they can make more cash , in reality when i see a DEV do that i dont care how good is app is , i 1 star rate it and dont even bother Downloading it . and i look for a Competent GOOD Dev that doesn’t Write Code like a 5 year old Child with NO programming skills.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah people have been complaining about that sints the start of WP7, MS tried to break it down my Making APPS release to a 20 app a day per dev ( witch if WAAAAAAAAAy to many ) but i guess better then infinity
then MS made a Contest , the more apps you realest the more chance you have: so it got spammed again with useless crap.

im hoping they break down on this Crap after MANGO cause dev will no longer have an excuse to Spam 20 apps when they can all integrated the features into one KICK *** APp, honestly i dunno why they dont already do it.

Dev think that by doing this they can make more cash , in reality when i see a DEV do that i dont care how good is app is , i 1 star rate it and dont even bother Downloading it . and i look for a Competent GOOD Dev that doesn?t Write Code like a 5 year old Child with NO programming skills.

sints = since , realest = released , cause = because ... haha lol, just messin with ya.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, many folks out side of the U.S. have been complaining about all the apps that are only available in the U.S. Now you're complaining because you have them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05