08-29-2011 07:22 PM
51 123
tools
    Sounds like blackberry turning on

sent from my desire
    08-26-2011 06:54 PM
    @lkkf

That doesn't sound normal at all... Have you tried to Doctor your Pixi?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    08-26-2011 07:16 PM
    @lkkf

That doesn't sound normal at all... Have you tried to Doctor your Pixi?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yeah, I looked into that but in the end I decided I just didn't have the willpower to figure it all out. Then I got my Samsung Focus and have never looked back :)
    08-26-2011 10:09 PM
    BTW, if you guys haven't already done this you really need too. It dramatically improves performance.

How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad | ZDNet

The first thing a new TouchPad owner should do is open the Phone and Video Calls app in the Apps tab on the launcher screen. Once in the app select the DialPad tab and enter the following in the dialer like you would on a phone:

1.##LOGS# (##5647#)
    2.Hit the green Dial button.
    3.On the subsequent Collect Logs screen, select Change Logging Levels
    4.Hit the Set Logging To Minimal and confirm

Your TouchPad just got a lot more responsive as HP took the tech support approach to log virtually everything behind the scenes to make debugging things easier should things go wrong. There is so much event logging in the background that it seriously impacts the TouchPad’s performance, as it is constantly doing things it doesn’t need to do. The setting you just changed reduces the amount of logging that is going on.
    dtboos likes this.
    08-26-2011 11:53 PM
    Sticky scrolling is definitely because the Touchpad isn't optimised for the GPU. It took until version 2.0 to get hardware acceleration on webOS smartphones, and it made a massive difference. The scrolling on my old Pre- (before it died) was so smooth it put iOS to shame.
    08-27-2011 10:01 PM
    HAHAHA duel cores LOSSES to single core... IN YOUR FACE HARDWARE COMPLAINERS!! lol

;)
    Troll?

WebOS does not fully utilize both cores. The scrolling problem is because (as stated by an earlier user) WebOS does not use GUI acceleration at this current time.

There are a few patches in preware that help with the scrolling issue. While they do not fully fix them, they help.
    08-28-2011 09:49 PM
    Troll?

WebOS does not fully utilize both cores. The scrolling problem is because (as stated by an earlier user) WebOS does not use GUI acceleration at this current time.

There are a few patches in preware that help with the scrolling issue. While they do not fully fix them, they help.
    troll?? ok Mr you have 4 post......if any one is a troll ...

. i dont troll WPcentral.. i live here!! lol

i laught at the Duel core cause there is countless post here saying that people want Duel-core for WP7 ... so i made fun of it ..
    08-29-2011 09:10 AM
    Sticky scrolling is definitely because the Touchpad isn't optimised for the GPU. It took until version 2.0 to get hardware acceleration on webOS smartphones, and it made a massive difference. The scrolling on my old Pre- (before it died) was so smooth it put iOS to shame.
    Your post has really had me thinking all weekend. If webos 2.0 really fixes scrolling and improves speed maybe I need to really consider a FrankenPre 2. I was really missing my Pre this weekend...
    08-29-2011 10:53 AM
    I was really missing my Pre this weekend...

no you didn`t ;) , lol i sorta miss my PRE as well but i havent used it sints the first month it was out then i switched back to WM cause of the lack of games and apps. lol
    08-29-2011 11:21 AM
    Your post has really had me thinking all weekend. If webos 2.0 really fixes scrolling and improves speed maybe I need to really consider a FrankenPre 2. I was really missing my Pre this weekend...

O_O What could you possibly miss that won't be resolved with Mango? Are you running Mango?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    08-29-2011 12:52 PM
    O_O What could you possibly miss that won't be resolved with Mango? Are you running Mango?

Yep, running Mango.

It's hard to explain. Don't get me wrong, I am still slurping on the WP7 koolaid. My wife is head over heals with WP7. For the first time ever, she is the one finding all the apps and trying things out. It's cute actually

But I am having a hard time without the cards and little shortcuts throughout the OS. Most of it sounds nitpicky and silly, believe me, I know. But once you get used to it, it takes some getting used to when you lose it.

Example 1: Physical Keyboard support in WP7 is terrible compared to webOS. I've mentioned this before, but its starting to really wear on me.
    1) My phone is in my pocket. I get a text, remove phone from my pocket.

a) webOS: Open the keyboard. Tap the notification. Type my reply. Hit Enter. Close keyboard. Lock phone. Back in pocket
    b) WP7: Open keyboard. Unlock the phone. view is sideways. Tap messaging app. Tap new message. Tap the text field. Type my response. Tap the send button. Close keyboard. Lock phone. Back in Pocket.

2) I need to search for the nearest Quiznos.
    a) webOS: Open keyboard. Type Quiznos. Tap Google Maps
    WP7: Open keyboard. Unlock phone. Tap search button. Type quiznos. Hit enter.

Example 2: Shortcuts
    1) If I want to see the batter strength in percentage, change screen brightness, turn on/off/configure bluetooth or wifi, see the current date, turn on the LED as a flashlight and some other things I do the following.
    a) webOS: Swipe downwards from the upper right hand corner of the phone
    b) WP7: Scroll down for settings. Scroll to setting. Change Setting. go back, repeat for each setting.

Example 3: Filtering a list for something
    a) webOS: Typically if you are in an app with a list that can be filtered. You just start typing. Worst case, you tap the header of the list.
    b) WP7: Doesn't seem to be possible very often. instead you have to search and the search button a sneaky little beast since Mango. I miss the big search button being context sensitive.

Landscape Support. Just plane SUCKS in WP7. So freaking inconsistent. In webOS pretty much everything supported landscape. It's made significantly more irritating since its a landscape keyboard on the Arrive.

Ok, so, what's the bottom line though really?
    The positives to WP7 well outweight its negatives compared to the current iteration of webOS. It's fast, pretty and still well done. I am quickly realizing though that the Arrive just isn't for me. I am hoping above hope that a new 4.3" keyboardless phone comes to Sprint. Beacuase all the keyboard on this phone does is remind me of my love lost.

The burning question. Would I stay with WP7 if the Pre 3 miraculously showed up on Sprint tomorrow?
    I will not engage in idle speculation ;)
    08-29-2011 01:42 PM

2) I need to search for the nearest Quiznos.
    a) webOS: Open keyboard. Type Quiznos. Tap Google Maps
    WP7: Open keyboard. Unlock phone. Tap search button. Type quiznos. Hit enter.
    MAN!! i had a HTC Duel ( slide keybord liek the pree ) and i could NOT STAND IT .. every time my keybored slid up in my pocket or w/e it unlocked my phone... and start taking pics and calling people.

you actually like this?? also if u dont like hiting the search button just slide your finguer to the right. ;)

Searching for SUBWAY on wp7 with same Number of Steps as WEBOS+ HANDSFREE!! ;)

take phone out of pocket,

1.unlock phone ,
    2.hold Windows button
    3.say: FIND SUBWAY , GO ( that way you dont need to hit GO

and you can sue this to fidn APPS , GAmes , Locations , its a JUST TYPE option .. i say F1 it opens my F1 APP , i says FINd SUBWAY , it give me 5 locations ..

its the same thing as WEBOS but it got Microfied.

dont even need to open map it tells it for you, and this is with NODO i cant wait to see it with mango updates,
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 08-29-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    08-29-2011 01:53 PM
    Just curious. I have the exact same complaints coincidentally. However everybody has different annoyance thresholds and they have bugged me less over time. Would love to see MS fix these issues so don't get me wrong that they need afixin.

08-29-2011 02:02 PM
    oops
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 08-29-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: oopas
    08-29-2011 02:05 PM
    Just curious. I have the exact same complaints coincidentally. However everybody has different annoyance thresholds and they have bugged me less over time. Would love to see MS fix these issues so don't get me wrong that they need afixin.

I do imagine it will wain over time. 2 years of fine tuning my usage on the Pre to do everything with absolute minumum steps takes a while to reprogram.

I really think the keyboard is my big issue. I'd definitely trade a bigger screen for no keyboard on this OS.
    08-29-2011 02:08 PM
    MAN!! i had a HTC Duel ( slide keybord liek the pree ) and i could NOT STAND IT .. every time my keybored slid up in my pocket or w/e it unlocked my phone... and start taking pics and calling people.

you actually like this?? also if u dont like hiting the search button just slide your finguer to the right. ;)

Searching for SUBWAY on wp7 with same Number of Steps as WEBOS+ HANDSFREE!! ;)

take phone out of pocket,

1.unlock phone ,
    2.hold Windows button
    3.say: FIND SUBWAY , GO ( that way you dont need to hit GO

and you can sue this to fidn APPS , GAmes , Locations , its a JUST TYPE option .. i say F1 it opens my F1 APP , i says FINd SUBWAY , it give me 5 locations ..

its the same thing as WEBOS but it got Microfied.

dont even need to open map it tells it for you, and this is with NODO i cant wait to see it with mango updates,
    Hmm, does it have a filter for blocking the high-pitched voices of children? I'll try it out tonight, but I am sure my son will do his best to make it not work. "LOOK DADDY, CHOOCHOO! CHOOCHOO IS ON THE TRACKS!!! SEE DADDY! SEE!"
    08-29-2011 02:10 PM
    I do imagine it will wain over time. 2 years of fine tuning my usage on the Pre to do everything with absolute minumum steps takes a while to reprogram.

I really think the keyboard is my big issue. I'd definitely trade a bigger screen for no keyboard on this OS.
    should of goten then FOCUS ;) lol
    08-29-2011 02:10 PM
    All complaints about some jerky moments aside, I really dig multi-tasking in webOS.
    08-29-2011 02:12 PM
    Hmm, does it have a filter for blocking the high-pitched voices of children? I'll try it out tonight, but I am sure my son will do his best to make it not work. "LOOK DADDY, CHOOCHOO! CHOOCHOO IS ON THE TRACKS!!! SEE DADDY! SEE!"
    LMAO!!! clasic . dint think that far ahead. i dont have KIDs yet :P i do have a G-F doh ... just as bad.... lol
    08-29-2011 02:16 PM
    should of goten then FOCUS ;) lol
    That's not on Sprint though is it?

I am hoping that a new handset is at least announced on Sprint before my 30 days is up. If I have to I'll go back to my Pre and wait for a new phone with a big screen.
    08-29-2011 02:42 PM
    LMAO!!! clasic . dint think that far ahead. i dont have KIDs yet :P i do have a G-F doh ... just as bad.... lol
    Ha! And it seems as though she doesn't frequent these forums ;)

Until I had them I never considered them either. Drastic overnight mind change.

Anywho, I will try it though. Ya never know.
    08-29-2011 02:43 PM
    i dunno who has the FOCUS in the US . but hey , just buy it , pay the guy 20$ for the unlock code and bring it to Sprint ;) hehe

Ha! And it seems as though she doesn't frequent these forums ;)

Until I had them I never considered them either. Drastic overnight mind change.

Anywho, I will try it though. Ya never know.

LMAO! no id alredy be dead.
    08-29-2011 02:43 PM
    He'll be using it as a MP3/Media player. Sprint doesn't use SIM cards :)
    i dunno who has the FOCUS in the US . but hey , just buy it , pay the guy 20$ for the unlock code and bring it to Sprint ;) hehe

LMAO! no id alredy be dead.
    08-29-2011 02:46 PM
    OOPS! lol

so dont get the FOCUS , :P
    08-29-2011 02:49 PM
    OOPS! lol

so dont get the FOCUS , :P

UGH! Too late. I just bought 2. ;)
    08-29-2011 03:56 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD