Freaking Windows Phone 7...

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
RUINED my Touchpad! I didn't realize how frustratingly LAGGY the scrolling is in webOS until using WP7. I was poking around on my TP last night and was completely irritated by the jerkiness. I couldn't even stand reading RSS feeds on it, I went back to my phone's tiny screen.

Dual Core 1.5 ghz processors (Overclocked mine) and it can't compete with the fluidity of my Arrive. Sigh.

Here is to hoping they hardware accelerate the thing someday soon.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you bought your Touchpad in the fire sale. I don't know if they'll be updating it either... I'm surprised it's laggy when it's a dual core device.

Long live WP7! Haha

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you bought your Touchpad in the fire sale. I don't know if they'll be updating it either... I'm surprised it's laggy when it's a dual core device.

Long live WP7! Haha

I was an early adopter...still fighting Amazon to get a refund. If I can't, I'll have to send it back :(

It's laggy because the aren't using the GPU to draw the screen. They are supposedly working on updates still but I am definitely not going to hold my breath...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree. WebOS 3.0 is NOT ready for prime time. Especially not at the 500/600 dollar price points that it originally launched. Palm says they will continue software support. However, software updates were few and far between BEFORE HP decided to give WebOS the boot. I see software updates sticking around but not making significant leaps like going from NoDo to Mango.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree. WebOS 3.0 is NOT ready for prime time. Especially not at the 500/600 dollar price points that it originally launched. Palm says they will continue software support. However, software updates were few and far between BEFORE HP decided to give WebOS the boot. I see software updates sticking around but not making significant leaps like going from NoDo to Mango.

Yeah, between the browser sucking total ballz and the lag, its getting extremely frustrating. It's amazing the website that don't load correctly or at all on the touchpad. Even HP's own photo service (snapfish) works in Mango but not the touchpad.

Sigh.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Your comparing a tablet to a phone? You shouldn't expect the same results from scrolling on a 3.7" screen as you do on your tablet. The zune Music and Hubs on my phone, opens faster than my Zune program on my Windows 7 laptop [dual core, 4G of RAM].

I'll send you $99 buck for it! :)

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I though webOS was really good. =/

The design and usability of the OS is great. But there has always been irritating lag, which was noticalbe when just using webOS, but compared to Wp7 it seems reeeeally bad. The browser on the Pre is quite good. I have no idea what they did on the touchpad browser. It's an unmitigated disaster in my opinion.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Your comparing a tablet to a phone? You shouldn't expect the same results from scrolling on a 3.7" screen as you do on your tablet. The zune Music and Hubs on my phone, opens faster than my Zune program on my Windows 7 laptop [dual core, 4G of RAM].

Trust me...its bad :)

I can scroll just about anything on my computer and it doesn't stutter and jerk. In webOS it is mighty frustrating. I've never been terribly worried abuot app launch times, but jerky animation drives me bonkers, much more so after wp7

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Pre+ i can definitely relate to the jerkiness of webOS. Everything else about the OS is beautiful but anything that requires scrolling turns me off so bad, especially since it was overclocked to 1.2ghz through govnah. Never understood why the Palm Pre+ didn't have hardware acceleration as the experience would be so much smoother.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
quist, how does Netflix run on the Touchpad?

It's so smooth its like its not even there...that could be because its not :( :confused: :mad: :straight::mad::excl::dry

Very frustrating. Nothing says "leave mommy and daddy alone for 5 damn minutes" than handing a 3 yr a touchpad with thomas playing.

Very frustrating indeed. and no word yet on when and if it will be available.

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's so smooth its like its not even there...that could be because its not :( :confused: :mad: :straight::mad::excl::dry

Very frustrating. Nothing says "leave mommy and daddy alone for 5 damn minutes" than handing a 3 yr a touchpad with thomas playing.

i dont have the link, but supossedly your frustration is due to the hardware. a group hacked the webos software onto an ipad and it performed incredibly well.

that said, WP rocks!

Last edited:
Reactions: ikkf

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Aw shucks.. for some reason i thought they'd have it by now. I wonder if it works through the browser...?

Figure8, looks like screwing over WebOS users is the "In" thing to do these days, by everyone.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was an early adopter...still fighting Amazon to get a refund. If I can't, I'll have to send it back :(

It's laggy because the aren't using the GPU to draw the screen. They are supposedly working on updates still but I am definitely not going to hold my breath...
Hopefully you'll be able to get one. Maybe try contacting HP too. It'll be interesting to see how the Windows 8 tablets perform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel