How many of y'all came from android

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the Evo 4G to the HD7. Android is a more powerful OS, but I think the user experience of WP7 is so much better. It's MUCH faster and smoother, more power efficient, and I absolutely love the Metro UI. The whole thing just feels a lot more polished than Android.

kismayaz

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. I came from a droid charge, an extremely nice phone spec-wise. But this focus blows it out of the water.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I had my Windows Phone for a while and then gave Android a try... What a POS OS... I returned the phone after 2 weeks. Now I'm just waiting for Nokia!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the Evo 4G to the HD7. Android is a more powerful OS, but I think the user experience of WP7 is so much better. It's MUCH faster and smoother, more power efficient, and I absolutely love the Metro UI. The whole thing just feels a lot more polished than Android.

I agree with this. I went from a motorola droid to an htc trophy.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Not me but I was considering Android for a long time. ( believe it or not one of the reason I didn't choose it, it was because the fans where annoying )

augustofretes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it, why will you left because of fans? How they affect your daily usage of phone? o_O

I switched from Android (and WebOS before that, I also had an iPod Touch, so it could be argued that I also switched from iOS). I really love the Metro UI and the overall experience Microsoft managed to deliver.

WayneDiesel34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the Trophy from a Droid 2, and I'm glad that I did.

And as far as the android fans, check out the android sub-forum over at Crackberry.
Some of them are drinking the android kool-aid HARD. Which makes them real obnoxious when someone says ANYTHING bad about android.

davenpj

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I Love android I need something new so Im Thinking about trying the 7 pro aka arrive I'm on us cellular I always Wanted windows hopw I fall in love

sent from my desire

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the Trophy from a Droid 2, and I'm glad that I did.

And as far as the android fans, check out the android sub-forum over at Crackberry.
Some of them are drinking the android kool-aid HARD. Which makes them real obnoxious when someone says ANYTHING bad about android.

I bet we get really obnoxious if someone says something negative about WP7... ;) But WP7 is awesome, so at least we have something to get obnoxious about.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I left android after about a year of using it. After a while I found I was doing more to make excuses to remain with the platform than actually enjoying the fact that I finally owned a "smart" phone.

I got sick of the force close errors that happen seemingly out of the blue. The freezing and having to pull the battery to get it to boot.

Then someone began to talk about rooting the phone. I got involved with several XDA builds of Froyo then Gingerbread.

It seems all was good until I needed to use Google maps. GPS couldn't keep connected. Or Bluetooth wouldn't work. Then I finally got a good build of Gingerbread. Everything worked ok, but before long, the force close errors returned. The phone began to slow down, again. And always the ever present nagging of my battery. I tried about 3 different battery savers before I realized there is no software solution to this. So I sprung for a big, extended battery after deciding android ships these devices with "starter" batteries.

One day it hit me that I'm doing more work than the phone. It felt like an old beater car I had once upon a time. Just dumping more time and money into it just so I could say I had a car...like I could be with those who said "I run android." Enough of the BS.

What's up with WP7?

I watched Joe Belfiore, corporate VP at Microsoft do a presentation on Windows Phone Mango and got hooked. I kept digging out information on this phone and stopped at all the major carriers to get a close up hands on and felt comfortable enough to try it. It was the best decision for a smart phone ever.

I always dug the Zune interface anyway. The rest was pure enlightenment.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
My experience with Android made me realize that it is an OS for people who know how to program and customize their handsets, in fact, 90% of the time they're the ones suggesting it to me! Otherwise, if you're just a regular consumer, i.e. aren't interested in or lack that expertise, you may tire with Android. I have 10 Android-user friends, in which 3 are absolutely fed up with Android, 3 enjoy it (happen to be computer science majors - hint hint), 4 just like it but wouldn't reject iOS or WP7 simply because they own Android.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely give the 7 Pro a shot! WP7 is VERY fast, stable, and just a pleasure to use. Plus the 7 Pro (AKA the HTC Arrive on Sprint) has the best keyboard you can get on a smartphone.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I did. I still love Android, and pretty much all things G, but I will probably stick with Windows Phone for a while.

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
i came from Android after nearly 2 years with a Moto Milestone (Droid in US).
I loved Android, the way you can customise it and change everything etc, but after having a custom rom of Gingerbread. It was slow, forced closes, random reboots etc and it done these before the custom rom.
The most annoying thing? The way Android seems to be just a random mix of apps. It's like they just got a bowl and throw all the things in and crushed it together.
Why the heck is their a separate gmail app from an email app? Everything just seems to be apps and not integrated into the OS, every app looks completely different to the OS and it just seems so inconsistent.
Thats why I looked at webOS but then HP announced they are dropping hardware and I jumped ship to WP7.
The best thing i have ever done, so smooth and fluid, looks very integrated and most apps seems part of the OS as in they look similar and carry the same theme.
:D

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
TC I can't honestly recommend you to get the Arrive with a straight face. Wait a couple of months for a 4G Windows Phone. Please.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos