The "Ahhh" moment. What's yours with Windows Phone?

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
That's similar to mine. I was sold when I realized I could make a series of calls without the phone freezing or needing a soft reset (and no bluetooth was involved!). Stupid piece of s--- Android.

-R

So true about android...had many of them, all garbage.

My ahh moment is when every day I perform a simple function without a force close or a freeze up

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

My ahh moment is when every day I perform a simple function without a force close or a freeze up
Is android really that bad ? It's the only OS i've never tried.

One of my friends has it but i just looked through it and didn't particularly like the standard boring icons look.

I have heard lots moan about the reboots and freezes though. Glad i have my little WP7 friend with me. ;)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

One of my friends has it but i just looked through it and didn't particularly like the standard boring icons look.

I have heard lots moan about the reboots and freezes though. Glad i have my little WP7 friend with me. ;)

It's not that bad but if you were to test it out, I wouldn't test any low end devices. Strictly high end. The only low end device I've seen work pretty decent is the Optimus line and the new Samsung Sidekick

Oh and I hope to have several Ahh moments if I am able to get the Focus this weekend

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ahh righty oh, I can't remember what his phone is now to be honest.

Hope you manage to get your focus and look forward to hearing what you think of it cckgz4. :)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ahh righty oh, I can't remember what his phone is now to be honest.

Hope you manage to get your focus and look forward to hearing what you think of it cckgz4. :)

Yeah it only gets frustrating if:

A) your less than a year old device does not get the latest firmware support from the OEM and is not compatible with some of the latest apps

B) Seeing devices able to get certain things (I.E. Netflix, Hulu, etc.) but yours can't

C) If you went low end and the phone freezes up a lot (not to say all the high end devices work perfectly but less likely to hiccup)

And I'll definitely be providing feedback. I am so looking forward to enjoying the WP7 experience

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I've never been impressed with the user experience. Android needs really powerful hardware to run well. Even dual-core handsets don't feel as smooth and responsive as WP7 phones with their "outdated" 1st gen snapdragon.

It's a very powerful OS with tons of flexibility. But it also lacks performance, and there is no consistency between the look/feel of its apps. The OS is supposed to control which apps run in the background, which ones get suspended, and which ones get killed altogether, but it does a terrible job IMO. You never know what's running in the background, slowing your phone to a crawl and draining your battery.

And good luck using the on-screen keyboard. There is a split second of input lag that makes typing a massive chore. I decided I would never own a smartphone without a physical keyboard again. . . until I tried WP7 and was amazed at how much easier it is.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site

You have never tried it so you have been spared the nightmare..lol. You keep on with you're wp7 friend and you're doing fine. ahere is a suggestion: take a look through any android forum that exists and count how many threads are asking for a solution to an android related problem...ranges from battery life to random reboots to just simple things that are just not working right.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, one more thing I HATE about android. The friggin icons are so disgusting, even for the android market. They look like they were drawn by a 3 year old, I mean c'mon google have SOME standards. Oh man let me stop I can't stress enough how ridiculous this android hype is :p

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
My ahh moments are:

1: reading articles during my two hour train commute to work and realize I still have lots of battery.

2: to not have to charge my phone after lunch just so I can get home with battery life.

3: having a screen so crisp and clear that I can actually keep it on my lap and read it.

4: opening the app market and seeing new stuff all the time.

These are monumental....seeing I came from a pre 2.

Thanks WP7. You make me happy again. ::wink::

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I think my current Ahhh moment is when walking through my university halls; I intentionally active the voice command and just start talking commands to my phone and she replies back ... people just stare at me. LOL

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few this week

A) Uploading photos to facebook on the first try without having to do it again

B) While on my bluetooth stereo headset, I got several texts while listening to my music and the music never cut off (on my iPhone, whenever I got a text, the bluetooth would disconnect)

C) I was watching Mary J Blige videos on VEVO while my partner kept texting me. Whenever I returned back to the VEVO, it would play the ad and then resume, never hiccuping or freezing or crashing

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

i came from an atrix. went through five of them before i got one that wouldnt drop calls everyday, freeze up, etc... traded mine for a focus and have not had one problem.

my ahhhh moment is not ever wanting to throw it against the wall.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have so many ahhh moments every day I just forget! It's such a different experience than what I used to have on Symbian, I literally thank God for the day I made the decision to go WP7. Oh and eBay, too ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss