NEED WP7 INTERVENTION! Almost had an iPhone relapse!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it finally happened. After three weeks of happiness with my new cellular friend, Samsung Focus, the evil ex came a'callin'. She tried to woo me with her white earbuds, sleek lines and familiarity of something that used to be great.

She tried to tell me my new woman wasn't as good, and I would get tired of her and eventually come running back. Well, knowing that the two of us were like Sammie and Ronnie from Jersey Shore, I knew it would be an explosive decision to go back. Not to mention the gargantuan amount of mocking my friends would give me.

But, one hit, that's all I want. I still still use my iPod Touch and iPad, and she tried to use that against me. I will admit, I've missed her and wondered what she's been up to from time to time. Especially with her makeover coming out in a few months. It got me wondering how'd she'd look after her augmentations, and if I'd be strong enough to resist.

So, I ask you my fellow indepently minded non iOS sheep, A LITTLE HELP HERE!! Bring me back to my senses so I don't get back together with the ex and head down the path of a temultuous dysfunctional relationship!

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In the end, you have to decide which OS fits you better. Obviously there is some benefit to having all of your devices running the same OS for compatibility issues but one can also argue that variety is best. Both iOS and WP7 are extremely user friendly and have their benefits. I left the iPhone for the HTC Trophy and I don't plan on going back, especially once the official Mango update is released.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just go back with her you know you will it makes no sense to fight it. You have to much temptation in your life you keep it there for a reason your not really over her if you were you would get rid of all the things that remind you of her.

Forget the superior look of WP forget about the live tiles flipping and turn around to talk to you when there is no one else around. Who needs Zune and XBOX when you can pay $.99 per song each and every song you want to listen to. Who need to have unlimited downloads for $16.00/ month with 10 songs you can keep for ever. Who needs it. You dont! Who needs to be able to see who is on line playing CODMW2 who needs to check those XBOX messages you dont you have a Fruit pad to keep you company dont you. What good is having your Facebook friends integrated into your contacts hub why not just launch an app for that but wait yet another app for Twitter and what about those emails that requires another app. Who needs to have all that stuff in one place where you can view it without having to launch app after app after app. You dont need that stuff you have a Fruit Phone. What about the weather who needs to know whats going on outside you can just go outside to get the temperature and if you need more information you can always launch an app who needs the current conditions on there tile screen. You dont you have an app for that dont you?

No my friend I think you have already made your choice you cant leave it behind you just keep dragging it out. Now...Think I mean really think are you ready..... are you ready for the future or are you just going to keep hanging on to the past? You can be one of the Pioneers the leaders who pushed forward in to the future as one of the early adopters or you can go back to the life you had before then in a couple of years you can join us along with all your Fruit loving friends. Now think ..... are you ready? I think you are so rip it off like a band aid drop all the Apple stuff. You have to do it ebay all of it and step in to the future and live it! Otherwise I will see you and all your friends back here in a couple of years.

P.S. I promise I will say I told ya so

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just know that whatever she's telling you, she's told to a billion other guys. And she doesn't even remember any of their names.

And watch out for the scorn you'll receive when your iPad catches you looking at Windows 8 tablets that are capable of doing things that it can't even imagine.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Well played Big D5! Well played indeed. You speak words that speak to me. It IS pretty cool to be the person my iPhone friends don't understand, and different from the rest. The early adopter thing is kind of cool too.

"Why the **** would you want a WP?" is what they say. Then, I hand them the phone, and they realize pretty quick as to why.

I've got a guy at MSFT that's been working on Mango, and he says it will crush iOS. I believe him.

I was actually wondering if there would be a Windows tablet, and hoping there would be. I actually find myself getting annoyed my iProducts don't have a back button forcing me to go in and out of apps. So, if I go all in, is how does the ZuneHD stack up to the Touch? I like having seperate devices so I can use one as an alarm clock without worrying about the phone ringing in the middle of the night. Does MSFT have a flash player like the nano in terms of small and simple? I'd use the Focus for media, but the battery life is a concern. We've got a new bambina, and I want mom to be able to get a hold of me whenever she needs to.

The one thing that will kick the ex to curb is the fact that I can have my 12 day old daughter as not only the wall paper, but a tile too. That alone right there is enough to keep me from getting out my old black turtleneck and ripped jeans from the closet.

Reflexx, I liken her to the relationship Michael Scott and Jan had on the Office, spicy times for a brief moment, but a relationship to avoid like the plague!

I'm hoping the Sea Ray is as cool as it looks, and comes out sooner than later. The Omega looks cool, but I'm not an HTC fan. Haven't been since I had a Droid Incredible. Didn't like the cluttered keyboard.

Baseballbert WP7 recruit reporting for duty sirs!!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just so you know if you set the alarm on your WP device then tap the bell the one that shows when you hit the volume rocker. Well then the alarm will sound but your phone wont ring. If you have the wavy lines it will vibrate bit you can turn vibrate off in setting. No flash player in Zune player my son has one he loves it but the games aren't as good as the ones available on the touch.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Windows 8 on tablets is looking pretty cool. Hopefully it pans out.

iOS is lame.

Wastes the whole left swipe for search. Stuipd.

Multi-tasking requires double tapping a sort of awkward button, and swiping across the bottom in an awkward location.

NO Glance-able data (widgets/live tiles).

Basically, it's starting to show it's age. Luckily Windows Phone took everything we've learned from iOS and Android and seemed to have planned a great road map.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the Sea Ray is as cool as it looks, and comes out sooner than later. The Omega looks cool, but I'm not an HTC fan. Haven't been since I had a Droid Incredible. Didn't like the cluttered keyboard.

Baseballbert WP7 recruit reporting for duty sirs!!

ALL Windows Phones have the same keyboard. So if that's your only reason, it wont' matter.

:)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I may need one too if the eternity doesn't come to at&t and that new galaxy SII does.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Windows 8 on tablets is looking pretty cool. Hopefully it pans out.

iOS is lame.

Wastes the whole left swipe for search. Stuipd.

I was thinking about this. Why doesn't WP7 have a left swipe? Now that Bing is hardcoded to the search button, it would be helpful to swipe left for a phone-centric search.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about this. Why doesn't WP7 have a left swipe? Now that Bing is hardcoded to the search button, it would be helpful to swipe left for a phone-centric search.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Agreed, I'd like to see it used from something.

Phone search might be good, but I had also thought about a notification area.

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Op, I gotta tell, you ever see your phone relationship going in the direction of a Sammie and Ronnie type of relationship, please seek help bc that ain't healthy. Vinnie and Paulie D will laughing at your folly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven