HTC Event - Today

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I want to like both phones but I just can't. The Titan is just too big. I like a big screen and the 4 inch Focus is perfect. But 4.7 is too much. Aside from the screen I can't think of any thing that really stands out about the phone. 8MP camera is nice for large photos but I need to hear more about photo quality first. 16GB storage is great but nothing ground breaking. And then we have the Radar. Now I could live with a 3.7 inch screen but IMO that's one ugly phone. And man, baby got back! The bottom just doesn't look good. It's too dumpy looking and appears like it could snap off easily.

I'm less excited about phone specs and more excited about the software.

Nothing about these devices makes me want to change from my DVP. Good for new users to look forward to but with a 32GB device I wont be downgrading for these devices.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
scaled.php

HTC Titan screensize compared to Omnia 7 (Thanks Jay) :)

Yikes it's big! (As the actress said to the bishop) ;)

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to hold the Titan to decide for sure, but 4.7" doesn't sound too big IMO. The US variants of the Galaxy S2 are 4.52". I kinda like the idea of a giant screen. It's also very slim.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, is that a tablet in your pocket or are you just happy to see me. This will be my next phone. I'm 90% sure of it. I'll have to save 10% to see if Samsung can top it.

Oh and finally a farking dock!

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to hold the Titan to decide for sure, but 4.7" doesn't sound too big IMO. The US variants of the Galaxy S2 are 4.52". I kinda like the idea of a giant screen. It's also very slim.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
Yeah i love the idea of a bigger screen too but will have to hold it in my hand to see first.

Think it would be OK and not too large, but you dunno till you try it I guess.

Only thing is the SLCD V Super Amoled, I absolutely love my Omnia's screen. Hmmmmm.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
The thing with that big screen though is it's the same resolution - still 480x800. You're gaining nothing over handsets with smaller screens other than dimensions. And at that big, I can't believe it's not going to start looking pixellated.

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The thing with that big screen though is it's the same resolution - still 480x800. You're gaining nothing over handsets with smaller screens other than dimensions. And at that big, I can't believe it's not going to start looking pixellated.

Exactly. Besides having a mini-tablet as a phone, the resolution HTC is offering at that screen size is not a good look. Apparently HTC is following the model they've used for their Android offerings: Make the phone as big as possible, create a weird hump somewhere on the phone and put no research and development into resolutions that would be appropriate for a giant phone. But who can knock them. Apparently it's working for them in Android land.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The guys at engadget said that they didn't see anything that looked pixellated and that the screen looked bright and had good viewing angles.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've seen elsewhere (can't recall if it was gizmodo or thisismynext) that it looked a bit ragged in places because it was stretched out.

Regardless, I'd rather have small and pin sharp than large and blocky. It's no retina display, that's for sure.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Exactly. Besides having a mini-tablet as a phone, the resolution HTC is offering at that screen size is not a good look. Apparently HTC is following the model they've used for their Android offerings: Make the phone as big as possible, create a weird hump somewhere on the phone and put no research and development into resolutions that would be appropriate for a giant phone. But who can knock them. Apparently it's working for them in Android land.

WP7 doesnt support any resolution higher than 800x480 so there's nothing any OEM can do about that, no matter how big or small the screen size.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You must not have ever used a tablet. What the heeezy does "mini-tablet" mean?
If you don't like it, you know you don't have to buy it.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Whoa, is that a tablet in your pocket or are you just happy to see me. This will be my next phone. I'm 90% sure of it. I'll have to save 10% to see if Samsung can top it.

Oh and finally a farking dock!

Samsung introduced a new Android phone today called the Samsung Note, with a 5.3" SAMOLED screen. It'll be interesting to see if they use that as a template for a new WP7 phone. It even has a built in stylus for handwritten notes and the like. I'm not a big Android fan (ha, ha!) but I can see the appeal of it. You can see it here - Samsung Galaxy Note hands-on preview | This is my next...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i love it!!! wow that titan looks awesome! whats with you people wanting mini phones... geesh. im a big guy 6'3 240 lbs, and i like big phones. it only makes web browsing more pc like... and watching videos, and playing games that much better... that thing is a beast! ive owned a lot of phones and so far htc is my favorite. and the radar is still very nice looking, love the silver and white... its different. its a nice entry level wp7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs