Zune Pass 4 device limit

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, as many of you know, Daniel Rubio posted an article earlier today talking about how the Zune Pass will be limited to 4 devices instead of 6.
http://www.windowscentral.com/zune-terms-changing-sept-13-reducing-number-devices-music

I understand why this needs to be done. There are quite a few people who are sharing their Zune Pass account outside of their immediate family. And music production companies probably aren't all that happy with that.

However, there are some legitimate reasons to want to have more than 4 devices. But buying an additional Zune Pass so that you could use it for one additional device isn't a very enticing option.

What types of new subscription plans do you think should be available to find a middle-ground?

Family Plans? Maybe charge an extra $5/mo for every additional device?

Does the XBOX count as a device? If so, should it? Some people have more than 1 XBOX at home. It would be a shame if they had to choose which one they want to have ZUNE on.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I use a PC at home, my laptop, and a PC at work, with a WP7 and 2 zunes (wife and kids).

Now I'll drop all but the PC at home, and the handhelds. Kind of sucks. Not that I'll drop the Pass, but it hurts a little. Would be nice to drop to $10 for that or some other fee structure.

I guess what I'm saying is that yes, options would be nice.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 3 now, and when I upgrade I'll be at 4. Once I get my lovely new WIN 8 tablet, I guess I'll just drop Zune pass and just pay for the music I want. I refuse to pay for a family plan, because I'm not a family. If they did this due to Music labels, I understand. If they are doing this to push out more Zune plans, I hope it backfires in their face and people start dumping the service altogether.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
1 Laptop, 1 WP7, 1 Xbox, 2 Zune HDs. So that sucks. Will probably drop the Xbox, but will leave me SOL when I get a Windows 8 tablet

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
However, since we didn’t receive an email, we wanted to wait a bit to confirm just exactly who will be affected, and our pal Travis over at EnConnected.com has confirmed that the changes are meant for European subscribers only

Source

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
4 sounds fair. I mean when one upgrades to a new phone, one could just remove the old phone and replace it with the new one. So whats the problem?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
4 is probably the lowest it should go. PC, Xbox 360 and WP7 here. I wouldn't want to give any of those up. What I don't understand is you're only able to stream from one device at a time, so why shrink the device count?

Also can we get a price drop? There are services out there that do most of what Zune does for $5 to $10 a month. I'd give up the free songs if we saw the service for $10.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've been emailing Zune for the same exact price drop. I too would gladly give up the 10 free downloads and pay $10 for ayce streaming.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a Europe only limit! YAY!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

I feel so guilty joining you in cheer.

And I'm not even a Zune Pass subscriber since I don't listen to much music. But I've been thinking about getting it since my wife listens to a lot of music.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you and your wife listen to a lot of music and like to explore new music. It can't be beat. You get unlimited downloads and you get to keep 10 songs per month forever, even if you cancel your subscription.
I feel so guilty joining you in cheer.

And I'm not even a Zune Pass subscriber since I don't listen to much music. But I've been thinking about getting it since my wife listens to a lot of music.
I was "YAY" about the US not having a limit. I feel bad for the European people. Four devices isn't a lot.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well you get to keep 10 tracks if you're in the US 1jaxstate, once again NOT in the UK, another Grrrrrrrr. :(

Hey, but at least we got WP7 before you did, Na Na Na Na Na! :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately we're quite used to being shafted by Microsoft in Europe. :(

But hey, we have Titans, Radars, (soon) Omnia 7's so i guess we can't have everything.

Oh and did i mention we got WP7 before anyone else?

Hmm think I did.

There I feel better now, time for some more Cadburys choccy, none of that Hersheys muck, Eeeeeewwwww. :)

No more anti US statements today, I promise! :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If it makes any of our European friends feel better, the US had the new restrictions in place for a long time. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos