Lotus Notes & Other questions

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm a Sprint guy, working in a corporate environment with Lotus Notes. I'm still using my trusty Sprint Treo Pro (w/SPB Mobile Shell).

My upgrade is coming in 3 weeks, so I'm trying to research my options.

Probably one of the 'bigs' for me is syncing Lotus Notes work emails to my phone. Lotus Traveler does iPhone, Android and even old WM, but based on Ed Brill's statements, sounds like WP7 is a ways off.

I don't want to get locked back in to Apple again, after working to free myself of DRM. And...I don't want a subscription based music service either, so I use Amazon for my .mp3's.

We do have xbox live, so that's a plus.

Any options for Lotus Notes wireless syncing to a WP7 device? I'm willing to set up a 2nd gmail account if that's my only option (and it works well).

I mostly need a phone that works consistently, and I'm willing to wait a month or 2 for the right Sprint phone.

I've searched the forums, and I realize there's an Amazon App, but it never really specifies that that gets you to their music store...does it?

TIA

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard anything about Lotus Notes for WP7. Actually, I didn't realize anyone still used Lotus Notes. That brings back some memories.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard anything about Lotus Notes for WP7. Actually, I didn't realize anyone still used Lotus Notes. That brings back some memories.

Yeah, its horrible...but its what I've got...and mgmt has reiterated that they're not moving off it. Ugh.

So...I'm looking for options...if there are any.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, Notes has its place, and you're right...the investment is huge, so it'd be extremely expensive to migrate off.

Based on the lack of replies, can I assume that I can't get realtime emails from Notes with WP7?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I still use Notes at work. I would say that unless it gets created by an individual you will likely never see it.

If the Notes server is setup for webmail access it shouldn't be too hard to create.

Dugknight

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but anybody know of any products to sync WP8 and Windows 8 Pro tablets with IBM Lotus Notes/Domino? I know about Traveler, but there are some shortcomings with calendar functionality still. This needs to be OTA. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes