Do you ever just...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Pick up your WP7 device and flick the tiles up and down, open up some apps, bing, IE, just to experience the smoothness? Going to be even worse when Mango hits.....:)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That's what I was doing when I seen your post...lol I already have Mango so I can tell ya for sure it gets worse ;)

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
yeah, half of the time i just flick the tiles senseless when I'm bore...and open some apps with no purpose. ;-(

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I love seeing the squash and stretch of text when you try to scroll after you've reached the end of a page. Real animation principle at work. This was definitely very well thought out.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Guilty.

Sometimes I pick up my phone, unlock it, and then realise I don't have a reason to be looking at it... doesn't stop me putting it back down though. :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Okay I'm going to tell y'all this one its a great time waster. Start at the top flick the tiles then hit the start button real quickly the screen will go to the top like it should but if you flicked hard enough the tiles will keep scrolling even after it jumps. Your rite I have no life...lol

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I do, but mainly to keep my 6-month-old daughter amused - she loves any colourful movement. I'm sure she'd be most annoyed if I had an Android phone and it stuttered everywhere ;)

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The first four months I had my Focus I would always have an excuse to touch it. Usually it was to flick the homescreen tiles, but there was a period of time where I literally sat for minutes just watching the various animations, like the way the IE UI gets built. I'd open it, then hit back during the various stages of it opening. Same with launching apps. The app you launch is the last app to pivot to the foreground, which gives a bit more importance as it stays on the screen for a split second longer. I could be wrong, but it looks like the tiles are being "pulled" from the upper right hand section of the tile, regardless of where you tap them. In any case, the use of motion is top notch, and gives what might some may say to be a visually boring UI the effect it needs to be jaw dropping. It reminds me of the Dreamcast game Jet Set Radio in this sense. The first time I read about JSR back in 1999/2000, I thought it looked interesting, but I didn't really get the appeal of it until I played it. That first day I had it, I remember continually having OMG moments from the visuals. Much like Windows Phone, the visual design was sharp and distinct, and the use of motion really made it come to life. You really have to experience both to truly "get" them.

In Mango, the easing animation used in the hubs is just too awesome. The title of each hub along with the section of the hub you're in eases in at different rates to meet the lefthand margin of the hub at the same time. The various areas of the Zune pivot in the Zune Hub seems to have accelerated scrolling compared to other areas of the OS, I'm guessing because there's an increased likelihood that you'll have more songs in a list compared to say, apps in the app list.

Fake edit: Just loaded Zune on my mom's Nodo-based Focus and mine with Mango. Mango is faster returning to the home screen from the Zune hub, but it takes the same amount of time to load Zune given the extra time it gives to the easing animation.

In short, yeah, still messing with my phone almost a year later. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss