Threads complimenting wp7

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I know wp7 has apps and games, but I still dont use any of them (with the exception of the big players like angry birds, Netflix app, etc).

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ever notice how our forum is always praising wp7? I know I like it too! Now take a look through any given android forum and tell me what the majority of the threads consist of. My phone won't boot, gps don't work, freezes, lags, can't update..etc...the list goes on..I used to be a part of that nightmare and now me and my 7720 trophy sit back and laugh, your thoughts:

Yup. And then every response is that you need to root your phone and install Cyanogen Mod in order for it to work the way it should.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Ever notice how our forum is always praising wp7? I know I like it too! Now take a look through any given android forum and tell me what the majority of the threads consist of. My phone won't boot, gps don't work, freezes, lags, can't update..etc...the list goes on..I used to be a part of that nightmare and now me and my 7720 trophy sit back and laugh, your thoughts:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, we do have WP7 complaint threads here.

What I've always found funny is when people (fanboys) compare Android/iOS to WP7. Suddenly their phone becomes perfect, like any hardware or software shortcomings magically disappear.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I like to explain windows phone to my friends like this, "If you just want the basics of a smartphone, such as email, browser, SMS, GPS, and a few other things, then windows phone is perfect for you." If I actually used apps, played games, or needed to customize how my phone looked, then i probably would be using a different os.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
or needed to customize how my phone looked, then i probably would be using a different os.

I think that's the only one. There are plenty of games and apps and it's only going to get better from here. Yes, certain apps are missing, but it's only a matter of time before it gets them.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I know wp7 has apps and games, but I still dont use any of them (with the exception of the big players like angry birds, Netflix app, etc).

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I like to explain windows phone to my friends like this, "If you just want the basics of a smartphone, such as email, browser, SMS, GPS, and a few other things, then windows phone is perfect for you." If I actually used apps, played games, or needed to customize how my phone looked, then i probably would be using a different os.

To be fair, we do have WP7 complaint threads here.

What I've always found funny is when people (fanboys) compare Android/iOS to WP7. Suddenly their phone becomes perfect, like any hardware or software shortcomings magically disappear.

I disagree totally, wp7 has a rapidly growing marketplace, and the apps are polished... not knockoff half done android apps. Ive spent countless hours "customizing" my previous android phones man and really: Its a waste of life, I want something that just works and stable. anroid is neither one of those.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup. And then every response is that you need to root your phone and install Cyanogen Mod in order for it to work the way it should.

Right...then when you flash cm the camera don't work or mms fails....as I always say about android: the list goes on. Even the "praised" bionic has major bugs right out of the box..lol..what a joke, and still slower than any single core wp7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo