How important is...specific auxiliary functions

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I say camera..none of the other stuff matters for me. But I am mostly satisfied with my trophy camera especially with the new auto fix in mango

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I want Wifi Tethering in my phones.

Se1fcr3ation, you mentioned your point of view once already about the camera, no need to drag this on like you do. If you are happy with the phone camera quality, fine. The phone camera cannot hold against my compact camera, which I'm carrying around right now most of the days. Awfully slow, horrible performance in difficult lighting.

i just replyed to a post that was adressed to me..... just like im doing now ....

and i know phone cameras cant compare to actual cameras , thats what ive been saying ..

calm down little boy...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Notifications is the most important to me. When can't they get this right. Just add the ability to swipe right to get to a notification screen. It isn't being used right now anyway.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually love the HD7 camera

It's the one thing compared to my girlfriend's HTC Desire HD that really doesn't compare well. When we both take pictures on days out, ect, there's a big different in quality.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

ajmstilt

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I voted other. My smartphone is a PMP first, portable PC second, and phone third. A good music/media experience is the most important factor for me. I love Zune for music, althought it lacks in the video department (video playlists please). Camera, NFC, etc aren't as important as media playback, a good web browsing expeirence, or easy email/social integration.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't care too much about any of the poll options, but I would like to see more emphasis on the battery. It seems like battery tech is getting better, but instead of increasing battery life they just use the improved tech to make the battery smaller. Forget all the fancy hardware extras. I don't care if my phone is super thin, just give me a battery that lasts a long time without making the phone look like it's growing a tumor.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I voted better camera but I'm very interested in nfc. Before I switched from android that was one of the things I was pretty pumped about since it seemed google at the time was in the fore-front of that market. I'd still like to see it but a better camera is more realistic for me than nfc. After all I don't even have 4G in my area yet.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...FFC is useless majority of the time...I haven't seen one person who actually uses it.

That's because carriers in the U.S. haven't added the feature yet. I used an Orange SIM card in Europe and the FFC worked great on a normal voice call.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Looking at my 5000+ Skydrive photos, which were all from my WP, I have to say the camera is the most used and most important for me.

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Camera. The saying goes, the best camera is the one you have with you. The 8MP shooter on the Mozart is good, but the camera I had on the iPhone 4 was, for a phone, spectacular. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it was pretty good full stop and I took some amazing shots with it.

Least important has to be front facing camera. Video calls just aren't catching on, no matter how much they're pushed.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the ffc, even on wifi video chat sucks. And I think its more bragging rights than anything. Also I think nfc is overhyped.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
then buy a camera LOL
ive said it before and ill say it again!! ..
NO ONE SHOUL EVER COMPLAIN about a phone camera ( specially on smart phones they are all 5pm+ ) cameras on phones are 100% for casual users...!!!! unless they start making phones that are 5`` thick to fit proper Camera hardware in them....

i would LOVE to see INFERRED or RF come back!! i use to love using my phones as a TV remote. specially in my guess room i dont have a remote :( lol

This completely depends on what stage you are in your life. I never cared about a camera on a phone until I had kids. It's simply not possible to carry my digital camera 24/7 and there have been MANY amazing moments i've been able to capture using my phone camera. Regretfully, most of them, when trying to print, turn out LOUSY. But, I typically view those pics on my 52" LCD which always has a screen saver on or my tablet which has a screen saver or my little pictures smart tile.

I do agree to some extent, you shouldn't expect miracles. But, there are some smartphones that take better pics than others. For me, its one of the primary features I look for. That being said, I keep hearing Nokia has the best photo sensors on the market. If that is true, I will be all over them when they come out.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I do agree to some extent, you shouldn't expect miracles. But, there are some smartphones that take better pics than others. For me, its one of the primary features I look for. That being said, I keep hearing Nokia has the best photo sensors on the market. If that is true, I will be all over them when they come out.

Yep my next phone is either going to be a Sammy or Nokia. But the better camera will prevail over purty screen res.

corinthos

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I just like a flash on the camera. Its finallly nice to be able to take photos with minimal lighting and they not look like a dim color blur.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb