Verizon has no shame

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
9f4567.jpg

Photo taken at a local, Las Vegas Verizon store.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Is that the Trophy? I can't quite tell. I know it has soft keys and a camera button there, but my sister keeps hers in a case, so I can't really tell.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you can't recognize it if you don't know what to look for but Verizon took the picture from an Android phone and superimposed it on the Trophy.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Haha! Which store was this at? I'm out in Henderson, I'm going to check the store over here by me.

Did you ask them about how to dual boot?

CR4V3

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha, that's ridiculous. You'd think the ad firms would have someone technical look over the copy before publishing.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I doubt this ad was even created in-house at Verizon. Often this kind of work gets sent out to a company that may also print the marketing materials.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
no for sure its not created by the in store directly .. but COME ON!!!! who does that.. lol

some dude took a WP7 and put a android screen on it... like you have to PERPOSLY DO IT!! lol ... who ever did this knows what he did...... i just dont understand how they let it pas

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Haha! Which store was this at? I'm out in Henderson, I'm going to check the store over here by me.

Did you ask them about how to dual boot?

This:
9985 South Eastern Avenue #130, Las Vegas
(702) 263-6577

No. I didn't ask about dual booting but if that's your cup of tea, feel free. lol.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
no for sure its not created by the in store directly .. but COME ON!!!! who does that.. lol

some dude took a WP7 and put a android screen on it... like you have to PERPOSLY DO IT!! lol ... who ever did this knows what he did...... i just dont understand how they let it pas
Actually, I meant within Verizon's corporate offices. Whether someone noticed it was a Windows Phone they were putting an Android screen on or not, it happens either way. I used to work at a place that did direct mailing and I worked in graphic production. Sometimes these things happen accidentally. Of course, sometimes accidents happen on purpose. :cool:

If it really bothers you guys, alert someone at Verizon, Microsoft, and/or Google PR.

CR4V3

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Chances are whomever created this has no idea that it's incorrect. They were just told to put a smartphone screencap on it. Just because they're a designer doesn't mean they're technical.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Chances are whomever created this has no idea that it's incorrect. They were just told to put a smartphone screencap on it. Just because they're a designer doesn't mean they're technical.

You are suggesting a Verizon manager at a Verizon corporate store, (this one is) hired a designer to take the likeness of an existing product they sell and superimpose an image of a competing product on top almost completely obliterating the Windows Phone. But its cool because the designer isn't smart phone savvy? Sounds like you are referring to an 8 year old designer that doesn't speak the language. :)

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
They didn't notice..just like all the pricing errors on the vzw site. Only this time they are not losing money, Idiots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss