Time To Return To NoDo (If You Want The Genuine Mango)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There were several different ways to get NoDo, before AT&T released it. I'm sure the same will happen for Mango. But I expect the premier carrier [AT&T] for WP7 to be the first to releas......Hahaahah, almost got it out without laughing.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
What "sources" said you wouldn't have to revert back to nodo before upgrading to the official mango? And by "sources" i don't mean "random wpcentral/xdaforum poster." I think it has been made very clear from the start that if you upgraded to the dev version(s) of mango, you would have to downgrade to nodo when the official version came out. As for that leaked "official" version, who knows?

As for me, I always new I would have to downgrade to nodo after I used the dev version of mango, but it's been completely worth it. It might take me an hour or two to get my phone set up the way it was before after the transition, but I've had mango for months now, and loved every second of it.

ninjaap posted a link to a thread a while back, it was from wpsupport... so not just some random blogger. i cant seem to find it now. point being the source was a MS employee saying there was no need to revert back to nodo, and it was specifically stated that this was from 7720 not 7712. ask ninjaap for he link, im sure he can find it...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
ninjaap posted a link to a thread a while back, it was from wpsupport... so not just some random blogger. i cant seem to find it now. point being the source was a MS employee saying there was no need to revert back to nodo, and it was specifically stated that this was from 7720 not 7712. ask ninjaap for he link, im sure he can find it...

Here it is: Updating to Official Mango from 7720 RTM | Windows Phone Forums

source: @zunesupport & @winphonesupport

Only time will tell. But it doesn't really matter at this point, because like others have said, reverting back to nodo isn't that big of a deal. It's more about getting to say: "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" LOL :D

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
There were several different ways to get NoDo, before AT&T released it. I'm sure the same will happen for Mango. But I expect the premier carrier [AT&T] for WP7 to be the first to releas......Hahaahah, almost got it out without laughing.

att said they would be leading the updates.... that actually hurt to type.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
twitter.jpg

Just pull the switch Microsoft, it's only 2 and a half hours till tomorrow here in the UK anyway LOL :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Here it is: Updating to Official Mango from 7720 RTM | Windows Phone Forums

source: @zunesupport & @winphonesupport

Only time will tell. But it doesn't really matter at this point, because like others have said, reverting back to nodo isn't that big of a deal. It's more about getting to say: "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" LOL :D

I truly hope you get the empty satisfaction of saying "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

Reading that link doesn't really say anything to be honest. He didn't ask on twitter about downgrading to nodo before mango, he asked if people on mango rtm would be eligible for the official mango upgrade. Big difference.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Even if I can't update to the official, the leaked RTM mango I have is sufficient for me. It'll be another year before an update that I want comes out and by then I'll buy a new phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Too bad Microsoft doesn't have the pull to get AT&T to offer early upgrades for EVERYONE that's at least 1 year into their contracts, like Apple did.
Even if I can't update to the official, the leaked RTM mango I have is sufficient for me. It'll be another year before an update that I want comes out and by then I'll buy a new phone.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm only 8 months from the end of my contract, I am perfectly happy with my Focus. This is the first time I have no real desire to "upgrade" to a different smartphone. This phone never crashes, freezes, eats battery, or any number of other problems. Unless the Focus S is just wayyy better screen, performance, battery, et cetera then I have no reason to upgrade.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well I asked again, specifically asking if I have to revert back to nodo. This time time I got this:

@ZuneSupport: @AP_ninja I would suggest that you post is the Mango beta forum Mango Update - App Hub Forums ^SM

That should clear everything up for everyone /s

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm still not convinced there is no upgrade from 7720. I'll wait till I start seeing other Surrounds getting the update before I revert back to nodo. What's the worst that can happen? Nothing. It just won't give a notification. Besides being on ATT it might be a longer wait.

I a hoping not as ATT indicates that it coming and they will be among the first to update and with the article here at WPCentral aboiut Bransonm Watson and Joe Bellfiore tweeting for developers to get their marketplace apps Mangfied that its coming real soon!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I asked again, specifically asking if I have to revert back to nodo. This time time I got this:

@ZuneSupport: @AP_ninja I would suggest that you post is the Mango beta forum Mango Update - App Hub Forums ^SM

That should clear everything up for everyone /s

I'm not sure how that clears anything up. I think what's obvious is that MS has stated many times that you will have to downgrade to nodo before you upgrade to the retail mango if you upgraded with the developer mango. What we don't know is how the phone will react if you installed the supposed final release version that was leaked by that german source, or any other "non sanctioned" version. Personally I would prefer it update without the nodo backtrack, but either way is fine...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How much better can a screen get. Seems like WP7 users feel about their screens like Android users feel a out their dual processors

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
How much better can a screen get. Seems like WP7 users feel about their screens like Android users feel a out their dual processors

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
I want a 4.3" screen. I can see the sub pixels on reds and oranges, especially against a black background. Reds also update poorly compared to other colors, something I've been sensitive to since the PSP. The processor bump will be welcome and dual core should mean better battery life. I'm hoping beyond hope that it has 16GB of internal storage in addition to a user-accessible microSD slot.

All in all, the Focus S should be a nice, albeit predictable bump up from it's predecessor. I'm looking forward to getting one.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure how that clears anything up. I think what's obvious is that MS has stated many times that you will have to downgrade to nodo before you upgrade to the retail mango if you upgraded with the developer mango. What we don't know is how the phone will react if you installed the supposed final release version that was leaked by that german source, or any other "non sanctioned" version. Personally I would prefer it update without the nodo backtrack, but either way is fine...

I was being sarcastic :)

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm almost certain Microsoft has focused on the AT&T situation and gotten them on board for a timely Mango rollout. They are the premier WP7 carrier in the US and easily have the most WP7 market share of US carriers.

I mean, if MS bungles this, we might as well all throw in the towel and buy an iPhone or Android, because it'll be indicative that there's no way MS will execute on their phone strategy. This is nut up or shut up time, really

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb