Time To Return To NoDo (If You Want The Genuine Mango)

matiu_00

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
For anybody who owns an HD7, that updated to Mango, but didn't save a backup of NoDo and is worried about getting the official update through Zune...

Here is a list of all the Stock ROMs for all carriers of the HTC HD7. These will bring your phone back to a fresh off-the-shelf state (pre NoDo). And, YES, you will be able to receive all future updates through zune. Including Mango.
[16 ROMs]Windows Phone 7 Branded ROMs for HD7, U/D on 19.03.2011 by ansar - xda-developers

I was pretty worried til I found the stock T-Mobile US ROM. Now my phones ready for the roll out!
(This will perform a hard reset and apps and games will be lost but can be easily reinstalled)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For anybody who owns an HD7, that updated to Mango, but didn't save a backup of NoDo and is worried about getting the official update through Zune...

Here is a list of all the Stock ROMs for all carriers of the HTC HD7. These will bring your phone back to a fresh off-the-shelf state (pre NoDo). And, YES, you will be able to receive all future updates through zune. Including Mango.
[16 ROMs]Windows Phone 7 Branded ROMs for HD7, U/D on 19.03.2011 by ansar - xda-developers

I was pretty worried til I found the stock T-Mobile US ROM. Now my phones ready for the roll out!
(This will perform a hard reset and apps and games will be lost but can be easily reinstalled)

Do you know what the difference is between the two TMOUS ROMs? Just wanna flash the latest one so that I don't have to wait longer than I need to when re-updating to mango lol

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I went to XDA forums and did the FULL how to. Now I am on RTM Mango like many and have a FULL 2 gig backup of my nodo device. IF I need to go back, just click restore and go to that, update zune (never went past beta from that forum), then let it update. BUT RTM is not beta, which people confuse. There will be a process to go from RTM to carrier specific mango, just IF the common folk like us get to use it.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I went to XDA forums and did the FULL how to. Now I am on RTM Mango like many and have a FULL 2 gig backup of my nodo device. IF I need to go back, just click restore and go to that, update zune (never went past beta from that forum), then let it update. BUT RTM is not beta, which people confuse. There will be a process to go from RTM to carrier specific mango, just IF the common folk like us get to use it.
So; SINCE we "regular" peeps (non-devs) DIDN'T get to use it, well, not officially anyways, you're saying that we won't have an update path from RTM to commercial release other than to roll back?

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, as I am not Microsoft. :) But since we are on RTM, then there will be an upgrade, path but it might be only for Microsoft employees or devs you know. Why I did a backup. Maybe devs can show us how to do it, if not I can restore and do that.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, as I am not Microsoft. :) But since we are on RTM, then there will be an upgrade, path but it might be only for Microsoft employees or devs you know. Why I did a backup. Maybe devs can show us how to do it, if not I can restore and do that.
hmm... I see. Well I have a full 2 gig 7392 backup but is on another computer of mine that is now just collecting dust pretty much... I forgot to snatch it from the harddrive as I told myself "I'll do it later" cuz it's a freakin huge file but later came and I didn't do it so I'm not sure what would be easier at this point.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Here it is: Updating to Official Mango from 7720 RTM | Windows Phone Forums

source: @zunesupport & @winphonesupport

Only time will tell. But it doesn't really matter at this point, because like others have said, reverting back to nodo isn't that big of a deal. It's more about getting to say: "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" LOL :D

I truly hope you get the empty satisfaction of saying "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

Reading that link doesn't really say anything to be honest. He didn't ask on twitter about downgrading to nodo before mango, he asked if people on mango rtm would be eligible for the official mango upgrade. Big difference.

Now can I say it: "I told you soooooooooooo!" :D

More on the Mango Friends and Family Pre-Cleanup | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Bravo MS, for their decision to embrace and support our hobby :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon